The Corroboree
El Presidente Hillbillios

Comparative cost of us military equipment

Pretty interesting page here

http://www.militaryeducation.org/military-equipment/

The amount spent on nuclear weapons per year is just insane, I mean i thought that kinda slowed down since the end of the cold war. How shameful and wasteful of their countries resources! I bet Australia isn't much different though.

This is really the kind of info wee need to know around election times. Instead of all the spin and backstabbing.

Pie charts with how much they plan to spend in what areas would be awesome from the Australian parties!

• Like 2

Agreed . Truly disgusting , and people are homeless and starving . It demonstrates the immorality of govt and big business .

• Like 2

Agreed . Truly disgusting , and people are homeless and starving . It demonstrates the immorality of govt and big business .

More so the immorality of humans

More so the immorality of humans

Our government's spending on the machines of war is truly disgusting. I believe the US spends something akin to 59% of its tax dollars on the military. Meanwhile, we have hundreds of thousands of people without jobs, homes, or the ability to get medical treatment without being haunted for years by hyper-inflated medical bills. The American dream may not be dead, but our pols are doing their greedy best to keep it out of the reaches of the great unwashed. Your chart is a stark reminder of just how out of whack we've become.

A great bumper-sticker for the God fearin' war-mongers out there, hypocrites at their finest:

W.W.J.B.? (Who Would Jesus Bomb?)

sdfsfsf

Edited by Teljkon

i just cant get my head around how its possible to spend that much money on nuclear arms! I mean seriously with that much spending ten years into the program wouldnt you have more weapons than required to blow up the entire planet? It just seems to be massive overkill to me