The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Jonstn

Cactus garden (pic weighty)

Went for a nice stroll around the botanic gardens today and took some snaps while at the cactus garden, I must have just missed out on flowering for some of them but quite a few were blooming :)

8d515081.jpg

bacf0fff.jpg

5a669d5a.jpg

7f8d0513.jpg

aee6451f.jpg

7b751658.jpg

3120fdce.jpg

9826b3f7.jpg

548b6c70.jpg

2237566e.jpg

53696f0a.jpg

8aad82b3.jpg

40197b6e.jpg

62bbcd9c.jpg

e1c1b778.jpg

4c28789c.jpg

40c92483.jpg

241d3a2c.jpg

2397b6a5.jpg

657e22be.jpg

5e64a0e3.jpg

25861b4e.jpg

8541842d.jpg

b3191c85.jpg

10a796ca.jpg

And although it's not cacti I had to get a pic of the monster C. Camphora :)

8d8c1a3c.jpg

Hope everyone enjoyed, was an awesome day to kick it around town (apart from a sunburnt neck!!)

• Like 3

Thanks for taking the time bro, awesome gardens :)

Hi Jonstn, very nice pics! Thanks for sharing. I am intrigued about the cactus in the first pics. Do you know what the label says? I cant really read it and it looks like a very cool Tricho i used to have. I think it was a Trichocereus Imperialis Hybrid. bye Eg

At the Brisbane botanical gardens they have the cacti behind glass so you can't get as close. That is awesome.

i truly enjoyed all your pic's, thx for uploading!

those echinocactus grusonii (barell cactus), look like they regularly produce seed capsuls.

in my botanical garden, i have permission to take seeds.

Thanks man. Awesome place, looks cool! :D

Hi Jonstn, very nice pics! Thanks for sharing. I am intrigued about the cactus in the first pics. Do you know what the label says? I cant really read it and it looks like a very cool Tricho i used to have. I think it was a Trichocereus Imperialis Hybrid. bye Eg

Not to sure mate there was heaps of tags around that sucker with different names on ten it kinda threw me off a bit, hopefully going again this Sunday so I'll have another sus :)

It was a monster though towered a good half meter over me and its so so thick!!

@Stillman, that's a bit rough having it behind glass :( there weren't any that you couldn't get up an close to here, apart from the ones in the middle of the beds.

@planthelper, how did you manage to get that awesome privilege? I didn't see anyone working there might have to try and get in with some of the people there, would be awesome to be able to take seeds from the gardens!

Cheers for the kind words everyone, thoroughly enjoyed taking those pics it was the first time I'd been there since I was about 6yo!!