The Corroboree
bit

Trichocereus CC Hybrid 3907

Just sharing some photos of a unique plant I've not seen for sale since I found this one - hard to take photos which show the exact colour of the flowers - they are a deep red on the outside and purple-ish in the middle (ok i'm too lazy today to set a custom white balance). Measurements would be between 15 and 20cm across when fully open, so definitely not a delicate little flower! They are also very robust, having lasted over 48 hours when I took these pics:

_MG_2634web.jpg

_MG_2637web.jpg

Edited by bit
  • Like 1

pretty :drool2:

Hi Bit, very nice hybrid! Do you know who crossed it? CC could very likely stand for Candicans...growth type of the plant looks a lot like it and there are many diffrent candicans hybrids around. In nature and in collections. People like to use it because of the reasons you already mentioned. Nice longlasting flowers and great variability in regard to the color. bye Eg

Edited by Evil Genius

Wow so pretty, are you going to attempt to cross it?

Do you have any cuts for trade? innocent_n.gif

EG, CC=Coromandel Cacti

Hi EG, in this case CC is Corromandel Cacti - NZ's biggest commercial cactus nursery :) I wouldn't be surprised if it's crossed with Candicans, as they also sell that.

Wow so pretty, are you going to attempt to cross it?

Do you have any cuts for trade? innocent_n.gif

EG, CC=Coromandel Cacti

No cuts of this one yet, it's not the healthiest plant in the world unfortunately :/

I do have lots of flowering size Schick Princess Anne to trade however, parent plant seen here last spring:

_MG_2834.jpg

Didnt know you are growing Echinopsis Hybrids too, Bit. Its one of my personal faves. The Princess Anne flower looks truly amazing. Very nice shape of the flower. I like the hybrids of Bob Schick and grow some myself. Do you grow other Echinopsis Hybrids as well? Would be nice to see some of them crossed with the columnar Cacti of flowering age that you also grow. bye Eg

edit: Just saw the the Princess Anne grows columnar too. Do you have a better pic of the plant itself? Would like to find out what Tricho he crossed in. I mostly know clumping Echinopsis Hybrids from Bob Schick.

Edited by Evil Genius

Yup, I'm most interested in growing Echinopsis hybrid, especially if they're named hybrids from Schick or Paramount. I love their flowers, and visitors are amazed :) I don't seem to have a picture of the Princess Anne plant itself, however it is very similar to most other echinopsis hybrids. If you're looking at my pic and seeing a column, that's actually from a seedling growing in a neighbouring pot, not the plant that's flowering.

As for crossing them, I don't have room to grow any more seedlings! If fruit form I'll keep some seeds (there were a few clumping trichs flowering at the same time) but otherwise I'm leaving them to their own designs this year. Maybe if I finally get my own house next year I'll do my own hybridising :)

Gorgeous flowers (and photography) bit!

If you manage to get some seed from those plants, I for one would love some.

Bob Schick Hybrids

Far too easy to spend a ton of cash there, & its just up the street from me....

Edited by zelly

Bob Schick Hybrids

Far too easy to spend a ton of cash there, & its just up the street from me....

You're very lucky!! I would LOVE to have the opportunity to buy those plants!!

Stunning flowers and photos bit

I want them all and I want them now :slap:

Does any one know if Schick Princess Anne in Australia ?

Thanks for posting

Cheers

Got