The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
DarkSpark

Wanted: fresh dried plant materials

I am interested in comparing tastes and effectiveness of fresh harvested herbs as opposed to the imported stuff wondering if anyone has any smallish amounts they could sell or trade me. Interested in nearly anything but mostly looking for fresh damiana, mugwort, passiflora, sceletium or anything along those lines.

Also I am looking for something I can use to add taste and scent to some of my smoking blends. Any ideas of plants, flowers or essences that would add a kind of sweet flavor. Prepared to purchase samples until I find something I like, the flavor should be quite strong as I want to only add minimal amounts of it.

Also I am looking for something I can use to add taste and scent to some of my smoking blends. Any ideas of plants, flowers or essences that would add a kind of sweet flavor. Prepared to purchase samples until I find something I like, the flavor should be quite strong as I want to only add minimal amounts of it.

Check out Tasty Puff. You can get them from Ebay. Chronic Hypnotic and Blueberry are my favourite flavours.

http://tastypuff.com/ - Warning this site has terrible music

cheers for that i will have a bit of a look into it there sounds like some interesting flavors there i may have to get a few to test.

I am thinking maybe a mint of some sort finely chopped and mixed into the blend could add a reasonable flavor (compared to the hay taste of althea officinalis)

LOL i get what you mean about the music... a good idea tho the jingle is now implanted in my head and i will probs think about it again heaps over the enxt few days due to the catchy tune xxD

is Tagetes lemonii(spelling) or pineapple sage suitable to smoke? They both smell amazing

yes pineapple sage is defiantly smoke able, I use it in joints each now and then to really kick anxiety in the butt... I have a friend who uses it daily for anxiety also so could be a very welcomed addition into some mixes for people.

as for mint, I read once that smoking it can cause male sterility Darkspark, maybe worth a look in to first :-P

D00d

Hey dude, ive got a bit of damiana, catnip, passionflower, st johns wort and yerba mate if you havent yet had any luck getting yourself a stash goin

If you would like a cool minty flavor to your smoking blends, try peppermint. It tastes amazing and adds a cooling effect to your smoke. Iv been using it in smoking blends for ages. its great stuff and im pretty sure you can buy it in a regular shop in the tea section, or some health food stores.

http://www.seedman.com/flavor.htm

The blueberry and the Mango are good, Im yet to try any of the other 50 new ones on that site.

But yerh Ive gotten the best results with seedman stuff, tasty puff and everything else dint hold for long enough, like it was sick for a few days but then no more smell/taste

Ill gather you up a fresh half of Mugwort and a fresh half of Catmint Six Hills Giant. The catmint very pleasant...the mugwort is ok

any1 know if mexican marigold, Tagetes lemmonii is smokable? It is planted for a nematode deterant for soil, I am assuming it has a toxin?

yes pineapple sage is defiantly smoke able, I use it in joints each now and then to really kick anxiety in the butt... I have a friend who uses it daily for anxiety also so could be a very welcomed addition into some mixes for people.

as for mint, I read once that smoking it can cause male sterility Darkspark, maybe worth a look in to first :-P

D00d

yeh pinappe sage sure smells good, havent tried smoking it maybe i will now ;)

as for sterility i think i have enough kids anyway.

Just dug up some mullein, st johns wort and nettle if they sound of use

i have st johns wort and nettle, never really looked into mullein to be honest. I have found that a small amount of damiana added to a boring flavored blend adds a nice faint taste and smell that is actually quite enjoyable. unlike straight damiana smoked which is really wierd on the throat.

Ill gather you up a fresh half of Mugwort and a fresh half of Catmint Six Hills Giant. The catmint very pleasant...the mugwort is ok

cheers man, post some off whenever you get the chance. Or if you come up bring it then.

any1 know if mexican marigold, Tagetes lemmonii is smokable? It is planted for a nematode deterant for soil, I am assuming it has a toxin?

:S i have no idea but i would rather avoid ingesting any more toxins as i am sure ciggies are killing me wnough

Edited by DarkSpark

:S i have no idea but i would rather avoid ingesting any more toxins as i am sure ciggies are killing me wnough

U have to smell this plant , get ur nursery to order it for u from the romantic cottage plant selection, should cost under $5 retail. They smell insane! Like passionfruit. Just water or brush the plant and the air is filled with it's aroma. Even as the wind blows it smells, smells so good I wish it tasted as it smells. I have not been willing to try without further input.