The Corroboree
Foo

$3 Grow light

Got this LED off Ebay for less then $3. As you can see its no mordern wonder. But it cost Almost nothing! (the LED didnt come with the battery, wires or Champange cork holding device btw)

Downside is it has no timer and i have no idea if its putting out too much or too little light. Killing my seedling / doing nothing.

post-8013-0-94870300-1321347355_thumb.jp

post-8013-0-94870300-1321347355_thumb.jpg

post-8013-0-94870300-1321347355_thumb.jpg

Is it red? Or is that a reflection. If it is red this will cause problems with growth.

i have no idea if its putting out too much or too little light. Killing my seedling / doing nothing.

Certainly won't be putting out too much.

LED's are awesome, I have a bunch of high power LED torches and I love 'em.

But I think you'd be better off opening a window.

Its Red and my window is open :P

Cool, now I want some coloured lights cool.gif

CFLs are about the same price and do a good job raising seedlings

I got blue Christmas LED lights and a white set, together mixed with a fluro they work bloody wonders :)

It will probably put out 3 dollars worth of light. :) Dont think that this is effective because it probably has between 1-3 watt. A sufficient Led grow lamp should at least have 50-90 watt. Even better would be one with 100-150 high power led's.

Edited by Evil Genius

Also, most of the light seems to get blocked by the thick foggy plastic lid ... you'd need a stadium projector to go through that.

Cool thanks. I never had high hopes for the light or anything, just messing around mostly.

My seedlings get natrual light anyways, have been thinking about investing in a nice LED system though.

LED's are becoming more and more interesting for lighting. Already now, I think you could make a nice grow-light setup with them, but it might take some years before the LED tech becomes mass produced enough to be an affordable solution for growing plants. Definitely interesting though

• Like 1