The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
doklikit

questions without answers

Not really without answers,maybe without logical answers.

1.Do we have free will or do we just think we have free will?

2. Why do dogs wag their tails?

Sub question....and why do some animals know before you start packing that a change is coming?

3.Why do active plant hallucinogens have the basic same structure as serotonin and noradrenaline in the human brain?What is the connection?

4.Are humans the only living things on earth not in a food chain?(and another sub question....what does every human on this planet constantly produce regardless of race age or time?).

5. Why are some people draining?

6.Are we supposed to believe that 15 billion years ago there was precisely absolute nothingness and then within less than a nano second the material universe blew into existence.?Not just blew into existence but blew into existence that was a self organising existence.Not just a self organising existence but a thinking existence with consciousness.?

7.Why do plants and humans produce DMT?

6.Why do we become aware that someone is staring at us even if we can’t see that person?.

7.Can everything be explained logically?

1. From teh point of view of the higher self , I do nothave free will, I am just like a plant that grows towards teh light.

2.Emotions! What kind of change...if any kind...how do you know that there is a tomorrow?

3.They seek balance, just like we do.

4.we are in teh food chain, go swimming with sharks or crocs and you'll know what I mean wink.gif + we are constantly under attact by microorganisms. Sub answer Carbonmonoxide, piss & poo. (pollution)

5.for you to learn to deal with on a efficient manner.

6.NO! There was simply never nothingness. Nothing is simply that which you do not know yet!

7. Balance! cognitive liberty.

6. Cos you are draining his energy and teh person feels this, even if he is not completey aware of that feeling.

7.logic is the core of existance!

4.When alive humans are eaten by viruses, insects, parasites, and bacteria. When dead we are eaten by animals, insects, and bacteria

6.The big bang theory has been distorted. The tiny little "observable" bit of the universe exploded out of a super-massive blob of matter which was formed by the collapse of millions of galaxies which was formed when a super-massive blob exploded, which was formed by collapsing galaxies, etc. to infinity.

We dont live in a universe that is finite in regards to space and time, rather we live in a tiny little corner of what we call the "observable" universe. This observable universe does not have a beginning, but is a pulsing galactic cluster.

For all anyone knows both time and space are truly infinite. I've reviewed all 'credible' alternative theories and all theories that say either time or space are finite are stem from religious dogma (not science), clearly erronious assumptions (not science), or mathematical models that were intentionally given some error to simplify things on the small scale but when you expand those models to the entire universe without correcting the introduced errors (something we cant even do yet) the error gets so extreme it ends up saying crasy things like the volume of the universe, the beginning and end of time, or even circular time! (not good science).

The big bang theory has been distorted. The tiny little "observable" bit of the universe exploded out of a super-massive blob of matter which was formed by the collapse of millions of galaxies which was formed when a super-massive blob exploded, which was formed by collapsing galaxies, etc. to infinity.

That is the exact same conclusion I came to at one point in my life (On drugs with heavy streaming psychedelic rythems in the background) smile.gif

......... I also believe that each expanding universe becomes more evolved, untill total mega mental bliss is achieved on a universal level....but that of course is not the end either.... it goes on and on!

n

Brian and Auxin.

Thanks for the interesting replies .There is no final explanation for anything . These ideas like most are a combination of others thoughts and observations mixed with my logic and concept of reality .

1."From teh point of view of the higher self , I do nothave free will, I am just like a plant that grows towards teh light".....nice analogy Brian...I guess if we believe in the laws of natural selection weeding out the strongest then they will be the ones that learn to follow the light most effectively while those that disregard it just don't grow to their full potential.Some people think that we have free will but it's within narrow limits in the scheme of things while others think if we are coming up to being able to construct a "matrix" scenario or if it's already been done, then those within the matrix would function best if given the illusion of free will.In other words the illusion of self importance and the control of their own destiny.

2.Animals . By "change "I was referring to a change of scenery.Dogs in particular, and in my case a certain Jack Russell, know well before there is any movement that we will be going away to the country and there is no way she is going to miss out.Maybe it's one or two key words or a perceived lift in our own levels of anticipation and excitement that these animals pick up.The thing about dogs is that they have learned to survive so well by learning about us humans.Yes I agree they definitely have emotions and the beauty of dogs is they seem so non judgmental.There is also an amazing routine both our dogs go through where if it's going to be contact time with people they will vigorously have a shake as if to throw off the animal aura or whatever for a while, and so they tune into us and then when it's time to go back to whatever they were doing there is another major shaking as if to say "well that's enough of being in that space , now where was I?". As for knowing if there is a tomorrow I guess it's just a figure of speech as it's always NOW where we are. Tomorrow is concept that becomes a vehicle for our minds to place some order in the processes we feel are necessary to exist .

3. So you feel plants do actively seek balance like we actively seek balance (as in regaining insight through ethnobotanically enhanced reality?) ?. It just strikes me as amazing that plants have such a highly developed chemical makeup comparable to the human brain and probably higher consciousness.

4. Sorry guys ..yes we are in the shark/croc/foodchain even if it's only just, and definitely micro-organisms can and do feed off humans. They may yet turn out to be the great leveller of the future.What I was getting at here is related to a concept a mate has that humans constantly produce energy and he feels (not my idea!) this energy is being harnessed and consumed by higher beings .Hence the illusion of free will. Nice concept!I think this idea originally surfaced in the later Carlos Castanada books.

5. Yes we do need to learn from those with oddly developed ways of existence .... I agree.... but I think also that there may be an energy exchange between non consenting adults and the "drainers" are the ones that suck up more than their fair share . I still have never read 'The Celestine Prophecy' but the recent book by the same author , 'The Celestine Vision ',covers at length the concept of energy exchanges between humans.It's an interesting concept.

6.Trying to get my head around the big bang/universe start-up simply hurts!I started but it's so full of possible variations on variations that I have reposted these slimmed down thoughts following this.

7.If plants have cognitive liberty it adds new meaning to the French words "liberty justice equality".

Logic..it's just my belief but I think there may be places (outside of this earth realm) where logic doesn't necessarily rule.

'The Celestine Prophecy' = i think better then the latter one.... Carlos castaneda's books rock!

Guest Thelema

the universe is plainly an inverse-sphere:

ie; it has as its border a singularity, and contains within it both a horizon and an infinity.

Thus spoke Thelema

Oh yeah great Thelema, it's only just gone 7am and my brain is completely curled from trying to visualise that

wink.gif

Guest Ramon

Have just started reading " The mind of god" by Paul Davies who in my opinion is much more brilliant the Hawkins as he is able to make this sort of stuff semi understandable.

If you are seeking the answers the some of these questions is recomend you read it

read below...

[This message has been edited by Darklight (edited 25 October 2002).]

Guest reville

1.Do we have free will or do we just think we have free will?

I think making affirmative decisions is an excercise of free will, saying 'yes' or saying 'no' and standing your ground. Our ability to do this is robbed of us most times by law, social taboo and convention or other authoritarian pressures.You can get this power by making the ability to make this affirmative decision too biased in favour of the direction you want it to go. We still have our free will but we choose to negate it to save ourselves from the institutionalised violence (mental or physical) threatened against us if we dont conform.

2. Why do dogs wag their tails?

Sub question....and why do some animals know before you start packing that a change is coming?

acute sense of smell? Deja vu?

3.Why do active plant hallucinogens have the basic same structure as serotonin and noradrenaline in the human brain?What is the connection?

This is hard. Biologically it makes sense that plants would fight against insects using powerful chemicals that disrupt neural, digestive and hormonal systems.But it doesnt explain why some plant have them is such high quantities or have only one compound when it is surely more effective to create a number of related compounds. Compare Acacia phlebophylla to Phalaris grasses. The latter contains many toxic alkaloids the former only DMT. On the other extreme look at the plants that produce a vast array of chemicals, surely more that are needed - Peyote and Madagascar periwinkle (Catharantheus roseus)

I think the insect hypothesis barely scratches the surface of complex reasons plants make secondary metabolites of all kinds.

5. Why are some people draining?

(a)lack of motivation or desire to think, feel or act for themselves,(B) overdependence on others, ©the failure of the host 'Drained' to set the customary parameters for the 'Draining' guest to gain some independence of action - basically communication breakdown and overprotection - houseguests, teenage children, employees.

6.Are we supposed to believe that 15 billion years ago there was precisely absolute nothingness and then within less than a nano second the material universe blew into existence.?

probably. though i doubt there was nothingness, just something outside of our bubble universe that cant be observed so cant be studied.What if the univeres was crystalline in nature and the big bang acted as a 'seed crystal' causing matter to be created from a liquid soup of energy, the leftover energy being enough to drive on the reaction. The advancing edges of the crystalline model being time, which should continue until (a) energy chaos soup runs out (B) we hit the advancing edge of another crystalline universe.

Not just blew into existence but blew into existence that was a self organising existence.Not just a self organising existence but a thinking existence with consciousness.?

Complex interacting forces self organise into patterns- look at population dynamics- whether humans, rats or seaslugs, a population biologist acn apply the same formulas to figure out whats happenning.

On a grander scal i think that similar interacting forces ike theo ones that all life shares fill the void within the parameters of a larger chaotic set of patterns which define the limits and boundaries of what can happen and we just plot our way through it everything being predefined by our fundamental characteristics.

Look at a snowflake, water has a very simple structure and no isomers, it freezes ata certain temp and crystalises in a aprticulatr pattern. But this pattern can be influenced by even the most minute peturbations and so each is unique.but they are all 6 sided. The snowflake forms within a chaotic universe but always fits within its predefined ininitely complex parameters.

So it just happens, Simple interactions generate complex behaviour and complex behaviour can be looked at with patterns generated with simple parameters.

7.Why do plants and humans produce DMT?

I ask are insects and lower animals really unconscious? Im sure plants are - at least by our animal definition, they may have a completely alien form of conciousness.

But insects, are they really stupid? or are they like Douglas adams' pandimensional mice in The trilogy in three parts series begginning with hitchhikers guide to the galaxy? existing in a crude form in this mode of existence merely as an appendage to their true supermind out there in DMT hyperspace? why do people often see insectoid entities? are we merely crossing over into this dimension by borrowing the key from the insects. Ive seen some insects especially from the sth american rainforests and they are positively psychedelic in their patterns.

Same goes for desert animals like lizards from peyote country and mescaline.

7.Can everything be explained logically?

yes but our current comprehension of logic is crude in the extreme.Most humans are still struggling with one dimensional linear 'cause and effect' , 'Point A to Point B' phenomenon let alone understanding and using 2,3 or 4 dimensional models of logic.

The use of a symbolic and complex Pattern languages of secret societies are perhaps a step up in understanding.

Even literate societies once had more meaning, greek and Hebrew alphabets assign a number value to the letter as well as a phonetic sound that allow the simultaneous use of spoken word and mathematics.

Nordic runes played similar roles with their dual meaning. Aztec numbers are hieroglyphs.

And aboriginal societies encode vast amounts of information into song and dance, and also into art in the form of dot paintings, sand mandalas or the decorations on sacred sites and artefacts.

I think our own societies loss of the ability to use and interpret sacred pattern languages

is what has robbed us of our sense of place in time.

We can sure crunch our numbers and write our "war and peace" but it cant compensate for our loss of understanding of the nature of time. We split timeframe into days months years, decades, eras, centuries,BC,AD etc etc

It doesnt help to explain our place in the scheme of things or the interrelatedness between now and then, past present and future.

Or the fact that in Quantum thinking it all exists simultaneously anyway, just like the idea of the dreaming or dreamtime, or the cycles of birth, death and rebirth of the worlds and its people in mesoamerican or eastern philosophies.

rev

Rev great post as usual. In adding to your first comments on free will.

When a child is born it's born with the handicaps of all human social programming that has gone before it.When it learns to make a decision it's based on this programming ,plus the best scenario from the information at hand ,plus the decision must fit the logical rules of survival in order to survive, plus whatever the parents and environment are currently saying. So its "free will" within certain boundaries.The question is are these boundaries loose enough or not? I recently chose the freedom of minimal materialism and no obligation to the nine to five routine .A free will decision if you like. Nice idea but not so nice reality .The social structure I live in ( and an increasingly worried wife) will make this free will decision a temporary one .Some say there is pain in true freedom and so man begs for his shackles."Afraid of death he seeks the boundaries of religion or spiritualism.Afraid of want he accepts the bondage of employment. Afraid of loneliness he imprisons himself in relationships.Afraid of rejection he conforms to the demands of society".Everything is compromise.

Problems seem to me to occur when society demands a set of actions from us so as to maintain the authority and autonomy of that society , and these actions go against our own personal space and direction,or even against everyone's personal space and direction .Society as a structure has taken on a life of its own that may not necessarily be in accordance with the individuals liking.Is society evolving at the expense of the individual.?Are there more rules today than there ever were or are they just in different forms? The mind is part of the body and can only operate in conjunction with that body unless we are going stark raving mad.Are we nothing if we are not part of the whole?Is following our so called free will just imposible?