The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Heretic

Oreck Air Filtration

I could'nt find the remote and up watching an infomercial for the Oreck air filtration device . Some impressive claims were made about this machine - said to be able to remove bacteria , fungi ,viruses , etc , from the air ; and the filter is washable and re-usable . By the look of the thing it would be quite easy to turn it into an affordable laminar flow hood .

Hey man,

I just did a quick google search on the Oreck and some of the reviews don't sound to promising. Check out the following link http://www.aircleaners.com/oreck.phtml

Basically, it's ability to remove bacteria, fungi and viruses from the air is far from effective (according to some of the reviews. Also important to note, that even though the air filter is washable and reusable, other parts on the machine still need replacing on a regular basis - "The ORECK XL does have 4 small replaceable carbon absorbers that need to be replaced on a regular basis for $39.00 a 4-pack.

I guess it's effectiveness would depend on how you set it up, though I don't think it's a strong basis for a laminar flow hood.

Edited by Justler