The Corroboree
ErraneousHerbalist

Recent Ebay buy

Hey all,

I bought the pictured cactus(Trichocereus scopolicola) from ebay, it doesn't look all together too healthy but I'll nurse it back to health. The seller remarks that it was afflicted by rot and is now healed.

The damage on it was from some sort of rot but it is fully healed and will be fine as new growth comes

$%28KGrHqEOKoYE5ktTB%29eJBOm9VOBu5!~~60_12.JPG

Is there anything I should look out for? Or am I being overly caring? Advice wanted! :)

Tht guys has had a pretty rough trot. if you notice any browning or orange colors ect, esp near those scabs, lop the top off and throw away. The bottem 50% looks fine.

Tht guys has had a pretty rough trot. if you notice any browning or orange colors ect, esp near those scabs, lop the top off and throw away. The bottem 50% looks fine.

Sure thing, cheers man! I'll keep an eye out.

i wouldnt cut. the newest growth doesnt look that affected. Just keep it drier than norm and it should be fine. It certainly isnt pretty, but i wouldnt cut anything at this point as it looks relatively -ok-.

It looks completely healed to me. It actually looks really healthy, just has some battlescars.

i would leave it too, i had my first trichocereus (a scop) absolutely mauled by a hungry possom and it started rotting, a horrible black slime rot halfway though the side, right to the core and then stopped!

i was stoked, sure its pretty ugly now but it saves the hassle of drying and re-rooting.

Thanks for the tips guys, completely forgot about this thread. :unsure: Yeah, it isn't very appealing is it? But I'm interested in genetic diversity not looks. B)