The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tipz

crested TBM

Kadas garden is selling crested TBM's and i was wondering, first, if this clone has made it to australia ?

I know trichocereus is an illegal import, but with the renaming, technically this is an echinopsis bridgesii monstrose cristata. Would this clone be legal to import ( following the procedure for all legal plants )? I know it's unlikely to be the case but thought it is worth asking.

Trichocereus-bridgesii20.jpg

It is, or at least, was. UTSE and you find some info. One member here bought a TBM off SAB which crested, but it was stolen shortly afterwards. Unless the cunt who stole it killed it, then it is still somewhere out there, though unlikely to ever be shared.

As far as the quarantine laws go, Trichocereus bridgesii are a permitted import, though of course you'll still have to put it through the 6 month quarantine period. I'd be interested to see if they ID the mutation as a disease. I know Torsten says that it's still be illegal via customs (i.e. our drug importation laws), but if one government department is saying it's legal to import, then you have a leg to stand on if push came to the shove. As long as it's done through the legal route, I don't imagine customs would attempt to press charges for a few plants, though I'm only theorising here. I know people who have imported Lophs and Arios with no issue, plus Hamilton's does so on a regular basis.