The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Wazron

a moment

I am writing this to say there is a huuuuge thunderstorn headed my way. I have had a moment of ecstasy, I will be back to say more once storm is gone.

beauty, beauty is the meaning. wink.gif

waz

Guest Nozzle Boy

This topic sucks so far - what's to get excited aboot ?

[This message has been edited by Gem (edited 04 February 2002).]

Guest Nozzle Boy

You assume correctly - and I totally agree aboot concentrating on posting while listening to music, the two clash, and you end up going way off topic, and losing all direction, until it becomes pointless drivel. Which is what I do right from the start, but just different … shades of drivel.

In case you ( don't care ) I'm pretty much always in the Chilli Sauce - although only technically in, really just leaving MIRC open, while ignoring you dudes, surfing for other mindless shit. Which was good tonight, coz c0in mentioned a cool site - http://www.blurofinsanity.com/bongdesignpage.htmlhttp://www.blurofinsanity.com/bongdesignpage.html , aboot bongs, and that whole site turned oot to be one major kick ass web page. It's got it all, sex, drugs, some other rebellious word that the Sun doesn't like to hear …

Okay Nozz, settle down.

It was payday yeterday and so I was walking up to the pub for a pint, when I met some new neighbours that have just moved in and had a chat. She asked me if I thought it was going to rain. I had a look at the sky.

About 20-30 klicks away, and about 10 or so klicks apart, two huge columns of cumulus cloud boiled up into the pinkening evening sky. I told her that it wouldn't rain unless those clouds started to spread out. I was coming back from the pub thirty minutes later and those anvil-headed clouds had collapsed and were on the move, straight at me.

Now I have had the pleasure of seeing some evil storms. I sat on the front verandah of a house in Redfern and watched the big hailstorm of 97 come ravening towards me like the world's most expensive special effect. I saw an amazing thunderstorm in Lismore in 87 that had continuous, rolling lightning and thunder, and was more like a rolling artillery barrage. I was in a cyclone in PNG in 82. This storm, though, was different.

I sat on my lawn outside while My Friend Joe went and had a few smokes. When he rejoined me we felt ready to truly appreciate this living, breathing entity that was growing before my eyes.

I relaxed myself into lotus, closed my eyes and tried to find the electricity in the air. I noticed that a single muscle in my right eyelid twitched every time a bolt of lightning went off in the distance. I focused on trying to feel that I was part of the storm.

I was there (and yet not there) for some time, how long I'm not sure. But my lungs started breathing as the storm did; my skin and body prickled with pleasure when lightning arced through the clouds still not yet over my head. Deep inside my mind, where I was, thunder was joyous peals of laughter I released at the thought of my enormity expanding to blot out even the sky itself from the face of the planet...

I came out of it suddenly but cleanly. The first thing I was aware of, the first thing I understood, was why the storm breathed. I sat facing the thunderhead and a cool wind pressed against my back. The thunderhead was inhaling. A slow, constant inhalation. It had been hot and humid and still all day The thunderhead in front was having heat pushed at it by the ground nearby in town, and was spreading out around me, like arms. Another storm front had formed behind me and the original storm had opened its front and prepared for combat.

I dashed inside and posted the thread above (might I add putting my computer at risk) so as to commit myself to sharing the experience. Joe went to the kitchen again.

The clouds soon joined in a ring around the town, which was releasing a column of hot air into the sky from the sun-baked asphalt and concrete and the storm couldn't get over the town. Instead it ringed it and I sat entranced as giants arm-wrestled for dominance above my head. Lightning and thunder aplenty.

Slowly, town became cooler and the two storm fronts began to move in and merge. I sat happily, feeling the rain start to touch me, gently, like the fingers of a shy lover. I lifted my face back and waited.

The rain increased (although not by much) and I gave silent thanks as the fresh, oxygenated, electrically charged water seemed to strip from my skin the unpleasant layer of scum that town water seems to leave after every shower.

I watched until the rain stopped, about ten minutes. As I gave thanks for the experience, I dried myself as best I could with my hands alone before going back indoors. I hung my clothes out to dry, did some stretching to relax and recenter myself and wait for the rainwater to finish drying on my skin. Joe may have had another smoke but I can't remember. All I remember is feeling recharged, spiritually, aesthetically, emotionally, physically. I did some reading, watched some Rage (for some reason I only get ABC when it rains) and went ad had a damn good night's sleep.

It is not wise, I think, to seek beauty overmuch in the works of humanity. Even our noblest achievements have the taint of our darker side sewn into their fabric. We make items, that others may covet them. Thus any work of ours is made, ultimately, to provide power over others, the power of desire. But nobody owns a thunderstorm...

and only a crazy person would sit in the rain when he could be inside watching a video or getting pissed in a nightclub, right?

Best friday night in months.

waz

Guest Nozzle Boy

Sounds like maybe you shouldn't let strangers buy you beers at the pub from now on.

Are we attacking each other or not ?

Originally posted by Nozzle Boy:

Sounds like maybe you shouldn't let strangers buy you beers at the pub from now on.

Are we attacking each other or not ?

Not. And the point I was trying to make was that for a time, I transcended my body and felt like I was part of the storm, a huge entity. Our consciousness is coded by electrical patterns in the brain, who is to say what effects might be experienced n a meditative state under a huge thunderstorm.

The experience was *not* a drug experience but an 'altered state' experience. As such I posted here due to the more mystical nature of the moment. If you aren't interested in magic or witchcraft (or shamanism for that matter) or, for you, a thunderstorm is just that, why did you even bother posting?

I have no intention of attacking anyone on the site, least of all you. Please feel free to contribute further to the M&W forum when you have something to actually say.

waz

Waz,

Sounds magical!

Thunderstorms are such pure energy and life that cannot be controlled and you can only "jump aboard" and "enjoy the ride"!

Sounds like it was a great night. Wish I was there! *wink*

Faeriefyre

An Ode to Faith

-by Patrick Overter

When you have come to the edge

Of all the light you know,

Into the darkness of the unknown,

Faith is knowing that

One of two things will happen,

There will be something solid to stand on,

Or you will be taught how to fly.

whatching dragonball z ,made me think of this post. the energy ...

saiyans so hyped up their auras are on fire?or having that lightening energy storming around yr body.

t s t .