The Corroboree
Bretloth

*~Peaceful Rally For Marijuana Law Reform~*

Nov 20th, Flagstaff Gardens Melbourne. Peaceful Rally For Marijuana Law Reform. Come along, enjoy a great day in the park with live music, speakers and lots of sweet sweet Mary Jane. Be the change you want to see! Free the Weed! :wub::bong::lol:

post-9625-0-72773900-1319342068_thumb.jp

post-9625-0-72773900-1319342068_thumb.jpg

post-9625-0-72773900-1319342068_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

is this really endorsed by the city of melbourne? :unsure:

Because we have the Australian Sex Party involved I believe they hooked that up, got the park location all through official channels. And having L.E.A.P ~ Law Enforcement Against Prohibition repressented will also help make sure there isn't a repeat of the police violence that marred the Occupy protest, unless the cops want to drag off their own ;) This is meant to be a peaceful protest for marijuana law reform, so please everyone, cops included (waves to narcs*) be peaceful, and lets not allow violence to grab the headlines, lets make marijuana law reform take the headlines :wub::bong::wink:

• Like 1

Because we have the Australian Sex Party involved I believe they hooked that up, got the park location all through official channels. And having L.E.A.P ~ Law Enforcement Against Prohibition repressented will also help make sure there isn't a repeat of the police violence that marred the Occupy protest, unless the cops want to drag off their own ;) This is meant to be a peaceful protest for marijuana law reform, so please everyone, cops included (waves to narcs*) be peaceful, and lets not allow violence to grab the headlines, lets make marijuana law reform take the headlines :wub::bong::wink:

War veterans in their uniforms with medals on were being thrown to the ground and arrested in the US. I wouldn't be surprised at all if members of L.E.A.P get the same treatment.

Nov 20th, Flagstaff Gardens Melbourne. Peaceful Rally For Marijuana Law Reform. Come along, enjoy a great day in the park with live music, speakers and lots of sweet sweet Mary Jane. Be the change you want to see! Free the Weed! :wub::bong::lol:

What are the penalties for Cannabis possession in Victoria?

"What are the penalties for Cannabis possession in Victoria?"

Victoria

A police officer may give someone a caution and offer them the opportunity to attend a cannabis education program if they are caught with no more than 50 grams of cannabis. Like NSW, only two cautions are allowed to be given to the one person.

"War veterans in their uniforms with medals on were being thrown to the ground and arrested in the US. I wouldn't be surprised at all if members of L.E.A.P get the same treatment."

That was a very different situation to this rally, we have permission to be there and it will only be going from 1pm to 5pm and then we disperse and go our own ways~* As long as everything stays peaceful like last time, it will be fine. The police don't want anymore bad press, and we aren't causing trouble, so there's no reason for anything bad to happen. We need to break the stereo types associatted with marijuana and protestors, we need to be smart about this and not give anyone any ammunition against the marijuana law reform cause. :wub::bong::lol:

Edited by Bretloth

Thanks for posting the penalties for me.

We need to break the stereo types associatted with marijuana and protestors, we need to be smart about this and not give anyone any ammunition against the marijuana law reform cause. :wub::bong::lol:

You plan to do this by taking along lots of Cannabis?

We plan to do this in a number of ways, 1stly participants are encouraged to wear suits with green ties, although that is of course optional, by having some great speakers from various fields explaining the misconceptions and realities of marijuana, by getting as many ordinary everyday people to show up and support the cause and by being respectful, peaceful and not disrupting anything. People can bring marijuana if they like, you don't have to. We need to bring this out from behind closed doors in my opinion, show everyone you can enjoy the benefits of marijuana responsibly and without the misconceptions, and what better way to do that than in public. :wub::bong::wink:

Best of luck. I am all for the reforming of Cannabis laws. Hopefully they don't go the way of the WA government

• Like 2

i will be there with bells on. though..

re: police presence: i like that the venue is within 2 minutes' sprint of my mate's house :P

• Like 1

Cheers guys! The more the merrier!

For the S.A crew, there will be a Peaceful Rally for Marijuana Law Reform on the same day in victoria square Adelaide!

Keep upto date with the facebook page, for vic ~ http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=117438611672249 ~ and for S.A ~ http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=203295706380188 ~ :wub::bong::lol:

Cheers for the link bro, that is awesome! Great to see!! :wub::bong::lol:

Cheers guys! The more the merrier!

For the S.A crew, there will be a Peaceful Rally for Marijuana Law Reform on the same day in victoria square Adelaide!

Keep upto date with the facebook page, for vic ~ http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=117438611672249 ~ and for S.A ~ http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=203295706380188 ~ :wub::bong::lol:

Thanks for the heads up mate I should be in town that day so I'll try and come along and show support :)

Best of luck! I like the suits idea, no offence to anyone embracing the child-of-earth lifestyle but you're not a great poster-child for mainstream approval if you're marching with no shoes and dreadlocks!

Cheers guys. The more we can get there the better! Hopefully if we get enough peaceful people to show up, we can get some positive publicity and get the message across. Please keep that in mind everyone that comes, after all the negative press the occupy movement has gotten, we have to do it in a way that is respectful, peaceful and so that the ordinary everyday person can identify with us, and our cause. :wink::bong::wub:

peaceful people

yeah the last little one in the city was all well and good, but there was just this one angry punk dickhead who kept yelling "fuck the copsssss" or whatever. i hope he doesn't come to this, what a douche.

see everyone else there!

ps i know we are trying to be serious here so i might leave my big leaf outfit at home this time as well...

• Like 1

That guy was a dick, hopefully none of that this time. Look forward to seeing you there bro! Just got word the Nimbin crew is gonna make it down with THE BIG JOINT! Awesome work guys!! The run down for the day is as follows ~

Jamal Moyle MUSIC 1.15 to 1.30

Brett Lothian Speaker 1.30 – 1.45

Fiona Pattern from the The Australian Sex Party , 1.45 – 2pm

"Armado." MUSIC 2pm – 2.20

Greg Denham of LEAP Australia ( Law Enforcement Against Prohibition) 2.20 – 2.35

Greg Fleet comedy – 2.35 – 3pm

Greg Barns - Australian Lawyers Alliance 3pm – 3.20

Matt Pallet 3.20 – 3.35

JAHMAKN'IT'FUNKY (REGGAE ) 3.35 – 4.05

Matt Riley 4.05 – 4.15

Max stone (Nimbin) To introduce the Big Joint 5mins

Mr DNA MUSIC (RAP) 4.20 – 4.40

JAHMAKN'IT'FUNKY (REGGAE ) 4.40 till finish …

It's going to be an awesome day peaceful peoples!! Hope to see you all there!! :wub::bong::lol:

i like the distinction between MUSIC and RAP :P

• Like 1

how did it go? hopefully there were people from a variety of backgrounds

• Like 1

shithouse imo, only like 50 people turned up. sure none of them were tools but it was very disappointing turnout...sunday morning not the time for such a thing...

(i know it was after noon but thats still morning on a sunday...)

hopefully this kind of event will only improve in the coming years