The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Alice

View new posts stuck in limbo?

Don't know if this is just me but does anyone else when they select "view new posts" have every post since 04-October 2011 come up? Currently 191 posts?

I have tried logging in on multiple computers (even ones I haven't used since well before 04-October 2011) and it still comes up. So not cookies or whatever.

Is it just me? What settings have I messed up to cause this?

Edited by Alice

not for me. maybe your ISP cache?

Yeah must be I guess, seems I'm the only one.

cheers

BUMP

Anyone?

This is starting to shit me, I have 17 pages since 04-October 2011 of new content now, makes it a bit of a chore seeing where I left off.

My home and work ISP's are different, so would it be correct then to assume that it's not ISP cache then?

I don't know much about computers and interwebs, is there anything I can try to fix the problem?

thanks

Do you have the latest version of whichever web browser your using? Does the problem still occur in a different browser? (I.e. problem is in IE7, try in Firefox). Seems dumb but if you haven't tried that you'll never know.

Yep latest version. I always use firefox but I just logged in with IE, and the issue remains.

OK, I've been playing around with my settings to try to figure this out. When my search settings View New Content box is set to: "show me all new content I have not read", it displays all content from October 4th REGARDLESS of whether I have read the latest post or not. Even posts from the 4th that were read back then (indicated by the absense of that little orange arrow icon) are still populating the list.

When I set it too "show new content since my last visit" then I think it should work as desired (just waiting for someone to post something to test it out), currently "Sorry, no new content found". EDIT: Yep I can see my post now. Woot.

Weird. I must have changed that setting for some reason. Why I have no idea. Anyway, "show me all new content I have not read" seems to not be behaving if it just shows everything since the 4th??

What is everyones normally set too?

Content I have not read

or

Content since my last visit

??

Edited by Alice