The Corroboree
Teotzlcoatl

Absinthe

cool story, how much did you use? i have some but am yet to try it. i find the instructions (one drop per litre or something similarly miniscule) to be rather suspiciously low. but, as i said, i am yet to try it. i just can't imagine one drop making any difference. i would have thought it would be more akin to one drop per serve...

I can't honestly remember how much I used...It was a few years back and I'm a bit of a piss head at the best of times. I know it was more than the instructions on the bottle, which is my norm for most things. I don't know if this made a difference or not to the flavour (could be in my head) but I found if you didn't let it run/drip through the sugar cube it wasn't as palatable. But I loved the smell and taste of it. It was a great party starter. My mate stole one of his mom's antique pure silver spoons (worth a bit), flattened it out and we drilled some holes in it to use to hold the sugar cube. So now I'm the proud owner of an absinthe spoon dating back to the early 1800's... She ranted for months looking for that spoon :blush: This thread has inspired me to put another still on and make up some more...party seasons nearly here...yeah...

Frank, the instructions on la fee concentrate are to comply with food legislation. Without that label we would not be able to sell it as that rate is what would give you up to 10mg thujone/L. I figure most people will add according to taste anyway.

Great read this thread, thank you for all the information everyone.

If one was to purchase the SAB la Fée, what would be a good off the shelf alcohol to mix it with?

Great read this thread, thank you for all the information everyone.

If one was to purchase the SAB la Fée, what would be a good off the shelf alcohol to mix it with?

If you can't get hold of some from a local still I would suggest you try vodka 101.....works a treat...It is amazing though once you source it just how many extractions can be done with alcohol....I'm right into tinctures at the moment...