The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tipz

do you know what this is ?

Question

Quite some time ago I had thrown some seeds bought from SAB in a small pot ( I thought maybe MH but could have been one of a number of seeds purchased ). After no luck i planted some of the syrian rue in the same pot( also from SAB ).

Just as the rue took off some other seeds germinated and the problem is i cannot remember what i planted in there previously :BANGHEAD2:

Anyone recognise it from the shitty lighting and poor photo ?

http://s1084.photobucket.com/albums/j406/tipp0/unknown%20species/

5 answers to this question

you are saying all plants that can be seen in this shot, are unknown seedlings and grow in the same pot?

i recognise only the rue at the back of the shot.

cheers planthelper, but yeah i know that one behind was rue. It's the other plant that has me scratching my head.

Tell us what other seeds you purchased and it might help narrow it down a bit. If you log in to the SAB store I think you can view your order history.

nothing in my purchse history that even closely resembles this. ( p.viridis, b.caapi, mim.hostilis, various acacias and a few others)

But none would come near resembling this plant !

must be some randoms from a trade ? either way ill put it in the ground outside and keep an eye on it as it matures. Thanks for the help anyway guys.

Edited by tipz

OK, these are very long shots and I'm certain that none are correct, but might get you started on plants that look somewhat similar to yours. This is what springs to mind when I look at your photo:

* Trandescantia of some sort?

* If it was fleshier and trailed more then it would hint at vanilla, but it doesn't look very orchidish really.

* And if the leaves weren't altenate then it would hint at Vietnamese mint perhaps.

In all cases they would have thicker stems than your plant does.