The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Zen Peddler

A really calm day

Today I was walking around in a calm bubble. I had ambient music playing in my head. Nothing phased me at work - even unusually streesful events at work I thought were funny and didnt care. For the first time in a while I realised I was really living in the moment oblivious to all the bullshit - stressing about impending commitments, work stresses, etc. I went for a walk where i live and REALLY appreciated the blossoms and clouds and stuff.

Only thing I can put it down to was drinking so much coffee yesterday that I slept about an hour or maybe it was because I had two days off work and forgot about it and slowed down a lot.

My job is highly demanding; I took a promotion I didnt really want - extra cash but ten times the work I was doing - doing the work of three people basically, and copping it from all sides all day, managing, doing the technical work, working for an organisation where the workers are prettymuch treated with total contempt and pumped for work until they drop or go off on stress leave. But no one complains or leaves out of that fear that keeps people in shitty circumstances.

Im thinking of doing it for a year or two, and when i get sick of the ten hour days or my body gives in ill downsize bigtime and work three days after ive paid some of the house off. But after today im wondering whether its a sign that I need to slow the fuck down.

work to live, dont live to work bro ;)