The Corroboree
Heffa

Looking to trade: Water Lily & Lotus!

Heya everyone!

I have been searching around a bit and have seen just how pricey (and rare) water lilys and lotus seeds and plants are!

I have a rather large - 80mx15m lake in my front yard that is inhabited by billions of tiny deadskineating-fish, eels, water fowels and ducks, herrons and egrits and turtles and frogs!

So fauna-wise, i am very fortunate! However, the only flora we have in the actual lake are Nymphoides indica Water Snowflake and some crazy weed! now i love the Lily we have at the moment but i am coveting the ones on the rest of the previously linked web page and others like the lotus in the brisbane city botanic garden.

Native species would be most prefered but we are able to control international sp as it runs off into closed runoff, and there can be a loooooooooot of run off during summer :-)

For trade i have heaps of syrRue seeds, delosperma bosseranum/cooperi/lemannhii cuttings, acacia seedlings and mucuna pruriens v utilis seeds. Depending on what you have on offer.

Thanks heaps

I've got some Nelumbo nucifera seeds.

If your still hunting later in the season i can fix you up with some local'ish nucifera rhizome & or some Nymphaea gigantea seedlings

Worowa, PM'd

Shortly - Yeah that would be great! No rush! I knew I should have asked you first :) I can organise some more sterile equiptment for you too if you would like?

I can yank u a bunch of pink lily out of the local lake..

Blooms make a pleasant tea..

:s

I did this last year, and am pleased a couple of good stems have taken to my ponds

and look like they be rockin it for spring : )

I'm good for gear at present Heff, although that could change between now & then.

Eitherway your welcome to the plants when they recover from winter.

If your still hunting later in the season i can fix you up with some local'ish nucifera rhizome & or some Nymphaea gigantea seedlings

Hi,

Do you still have any N. gigantea available, and would you be willing to part with another one? We have a small dam on our property that has the introduced N. caerulea (like most dams in this area) but I would love to re-introduce N. gigantea to the area as it is well worth preserving.

If there is a competition problem I'd be happy to get rid of the N. caerulea, as they are hardly what you'd call endangered, but there should be space for both.

If you can't help me with actual plants, would you happen to know of any other legitimate sources of N. gigantea?

Thanks for your time. :)

Edited by Bogsnorkler