The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
nabraxas

Sudoku addiction

About a month ago in an idle moment i decide to have a go at filling in the Sudoku puzzle in my local paper.

I know they've been around for awhile, & there was a buzz about them when they first came out, but in my youth i had better things to spend my time on.

Now i'm hooked.

Every day i spend about an hour filling in an "Evil" class puzzle from this website:

http://www.websudoku.com/?level=4

It's strangely addictive. There's no math or general knowledge involved, just logic & concentration.

It hurts my brain, but the rush as the numbers start to fall, & on completion makes up for that.

If you get stuck, this website:

http://www.sudokuwiki.org/Sudoku.htm

allows you to import puzzles & then goes through basic solving steps to give you a hint as to what you may have missed.

Anyone else into these things?

Or do i just have too much spare time? :wink:

I spend most of my spare time gaming, but might give ye olde sudoku a try. I should get back onto chess while I'm at it, logic puzzles can be fun if they're hard enough.

I've been a sudoku addict for about 5 years. They're great to take to the dunny. But remember, it's cheating to write anything but the answer in the empty squares... :wink:

I started on the evil ones at that site about a month ago. Cool.

For a variation, try samurai sudoku.

I love puzzles. Sudoku is great although once you've done several thousand of them it starts to get a bit stale, as with anything.

Some other great puzzles along the same lines are Kakuro and just those good old logic puzzles with the grids and a few clues... uh... these ones. Kenken is awesome as well and, if you have an i-somthing or other, it's available as a great toilet app.

When I first downloaded Kenken, I had to pretend I had severe gastric problems because each day at work, I'd head to the bog and not emerge for 45 minutes. Super addictive.

I love puzzles. Sudoku is great although once you've done several thousand of them it starts to get a bit stale, as with anything.

Some other great puzzles along the same lines are Kakuro and just those good old logic puzzles with the grids and a few clues... uh... these ones. Kenken is awesome as well and, if you have an i-somthing or other, it's available as a great toilet app.

When I first downloaded Kenken, I had to pretend I had severe gastric problems because each day at work, I'd head to the bog and not emerge for 45 minutes. Super addictive.

:wub::lol: :lol: :lol::wink::blink:

Thanks for the suggestions folks.

Glad to know i'm not the only one.

If you happen to have a Nintendo DS a game called Picross is pretty damn addictive and well worth the $10 you'd pay to spend hours and hours solving the puzzles.

Haven't done one in a while but yeah i was pretty addicted for a while there until the ones in the paper became to easy. My mate has an electronic thing like a gameboy but only sudoku that thing is impossible on hard.