The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Green Chemist

Chocolate Mint Plants

Any tried those Chocolate mint plants?? I got one from Bunnings. I pick off about 16 leaves and put it in a blender with milk. Makes a great tasting drink. And further more it gives me a really postive feel good feeling. Kinda like Kava. Have not tried smoking the dried leaf as the plant is still small. It died back a bit during the winter but now is coming back good.

Any have any good effects with this plant??

Looking forward to it getting bigger.

The chocolate mint plant is the true peppermint plant I'm pretty sure. Mentha x piperita is it's botanical name and form what ive read thats just peppermint. And your common mint Mentha Spictata is infact spearmint i'm pretty sure. Havnt treid it altough i ahve a huge plant about 1m across and a ft high of it growin in the backyard, guess i'll give it a go soon.

I'm the dude who eats all the plants in the garden centre. :) I don't own a Chocolate Mint, but I've sampled them, hehe.

In my experience, they release a chocolate aroma when the foliage is damaged, but they just taste like a standard kind of mint to me.

pepermint and chocolate mint are two separate, well extremely closely related plant variants. I agree they are filth in milk, peppermint can be a bit strong tho.

what about pineapple sage?

anyone tried this, saw some gardenworld

i tried a taiwanese tea that i think was an oolong with pineapple sage..was very yummy

mints, basils and sages can have a mild effect of lifting the mood and clarifying the senses

[ 17. August 2005, 15:48: Message edited by: coin ]