The Corroboree
dosileflynn

Looking for Caapi leaf/vine

Greetings,

the reason i am posting here today is because recently while channelling the spirit of Martin Luther King, i had a dream.

In this dream i was overcome by a curiosity of a certain viney and leafy plant, and came to the realization that this ellusive plant could be very useful as an ornamental plant to be admired and cared for.

I am currently living in Melbourne and would be greatly appreciative if anyone could help me make my dream a reality.

PLEASE NOTE: I AM ONLY INTERESTED IN ROOTED PLANTS/CUTTINGS OF BANISTERIOPSIS CAAPI STRAINS. LEAF/VINE MATERIAL ALONE IS UNACCEPTABLE. THANK YOU.

Please PM me if you wish to discuss this further.

Peace

Edited by dosileflynn
  • Like 1

Thank you, that is very generous of you. i may wait untill the weather warms up a little bit to give her the best chance at survival. i've heard many a story of caapi having trouble in the cold melbourne winters.

Edited by dosileflynn
  • Like 1

no problems, very smart of you to wait till the weather warms up a bit!

always good aswell to look for caapi, instead of rue.

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 1

They can live in Melb they just need to be inside not outside, Grow it in the bath room as it loves the shower mist thats my tip

interesting, i will keep this in mind. would it be alright to alternate between having the plant indoors and outdoors during winter/summer?

interesting, i will keep this in mind. would it be alright to alternate between having the plant indoors and outdoors during winter/summer?

yes, you can do that, and i do the same with iboga and used to do it with kava (i live where caapi grows well over winter, but not hot enough for kava). but don't have the plant close to any heater, because the air would be too dry for this plant. if your indoor air is dry (and it always is, with winter heatin) than just use the mister often.

• Like 1

It seems i have much to learn in relation to caring for these plants. when the time comes for me to start nurturing these plants, i think i may have to purchase some gardening textbooks or digest some gardening articles to learn the basics. then further drill down to some more species related tips and collate it all together!

I get the sense that The Corroboree will be very helpful in guiding me through the process. there seems to be a wealth of knowledge here. :)

• Like 1

better becaureful asking for vine, my post got straight out deleted, i thought i would warn you their is alot of rogue posts going missing going on... :BANGHEAD2: i would change your post so you aren't encriminating yourself before some bastard deletes it :)

Edited by gogogadget
  • Like 1

my post got straight out deleted but then i think someone is just trying to be an asshole toward me... i thought i would warn you their is alot of rogue favouritism going on... :BANGHEAD2: i would change your post so you aren't encriminating yourself before some bastard deletes it :)

Mate show some fucking respect. Those "bastard" mods and admin work hard to keep things above board here. They spend a lot of time in what is a generally thankless task so that you can have the privilege of engaging in discussion here. Some people have invested years into this forum, you've been a member here for all of 10 minutes. If you don't want your posts edited or deleted then follow the rules.

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

• Like 2

yea work 'o' so hard, running a forum is bollocks hard work :BANGHEAD2: people break the rules everyday here im no different, respect is earnt in my book not given :wave-finger:

Edited by gogogadget
  • Like 1

gogosomethig, you obviously haven't read this thread at all.

you don't know the difference between what you asked and this thread, and turn your not knowing against the mods??

i'm a mod, so you just insulted me, is that how you thank me for, all the patience i put into trading with you.

i'm deeply dissapointed by you.

• Like 3

better becaureful asking for vine, my post got straight out deleted, i thought i would warn you their is alot of rogue posts going missing going on... :BANGHEAD2: i would change your post so you aren't encriminating yourself before some bastard deletes it :)

gogo....i think you may have mis-understood my post. i am clearly only looking for rooted caapi cuttings. it's a shame i made a typing error with the un-editable title of my post. it's perfectly legal under australian law to trade and purchase rooted cuttings of the various strains of banisteriopsis caapi.

and i don't understand why you have such hostility towards the moderators. they are doing you a service by maintaining the boards....if your posts have been deleted, then i'm afraid it was probably done for a good reason. if you have an issue with the moderators i urge you to message them privately to discuss it, as opposed to airing your dirty laundry publicly on the boards. be respectful.

• Like 1

Hey Gogo you have little idea of whats involved in moderating the forums here at SAB and please dont suggest that you do.

For example, are you aware that b.Caapi leaf and unrooted vine carries similar penalties to heroin?

So if you say caapi leaf/vine should be open for trade would it also be ok for us to trade vine prepared for ingestion, what about haramline/harmine extract?

Or what about poppy straw, what about opium or heroin, coca leaf maybe, or perhaps coca paste?

Where do we draw the line Gogo, considering you are apparently so enlightened why dont you help me out because its a constant point of contention.

my post got straight out deleted but then i think someone is just trying to be an asshole toward me...

Don't be so childish, no one has a bone to pick with you.

Sure some posts for unrooted caapi vine get through because I have a life and cant always be here to catch them. However when I see them I do something about them.

In future if you see a post that breaks the rules do what the other mature and responsible forum members do, press the 'report' button thats why its there.

Similarly if your unhappy with an action Ive taken as moderator of the S&PE then please contact Torsten and tell him about it.so that we can resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Edited by AndyAmine.
  • Like 1

respect is earnt in my book not given

practice what you preach gogo :rolleyes:

Edited by mac

people break the rules everyday here im no different, respect is earnt in my book not given :wave-finger:

people do break the rules, that's true, and sometimes it seems, like moderators have double standards, but i can assure you they, DONT. or at least they totaly try to avoid being biased. but it can happen that one time they seem to draw the line a bit closes, than at other times. but this is, in no way, orientated in an unfair way, they are just people like you, and not machines.

and i TELL YOU, ANDY AND ALL THE MOD'S HERE, HAVE EARNED THERE RESPECT, A LONG JOLLY TIME BEFORE THEY EVEN BECAME MOD'S. :BANGHEAD2:

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 2

Hey Gogo you have little idea of whats involved in moderating the forums here at SAB and please dont suggest that you do. (laughs)

you don't know me so please don't suggest you do,

i do agree with plant helper though, my main gripe was @ alice for their outrageous comment, but i tend to agree in the fact most people may have earn t respect here but it sure isnt most of the time because they are good people, more so because they have something people want, fake friends so to speak (but i'm not here to judge) i do agree that a large percentage are very good people and have deserved respect, and respect is given where is warranted also, i say one thing and everybody is so eager to jump down my throat only goes to show they have to much time on their hands...end rant... and i meant no dis-respect to the mods, i plainly call it as i see it, last im saying on this matter

Edited by gogogadget

Yes it is fine, caapi likes humidity just keep that in mind when having it outside, Melbourne wind can be the killer around new years when the funk off heat comes in to play. A plastic green house is good for Caapi and self watering pots that they can grow roots in and drink when they like.

Time to get back to the topic and stop the bickering