The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Teotzlcoatl

Trout's Notes on Sacred Cacti (Part A)

I have Trout's Notes on "San Pedro", third edition, "part B"... I am looking for the first volume in the series which is called "Trout's Notes on Sacred Cacti: Botany, Chemistry, Cultivation and Utilization", I think... is that right?

Is this it here on Amazon?

Is this the correct book? Or am I after something different? This book covers "Peyote", the "Lost Peyotes" and other psychoactive cacti excluding Trichocereus, right?

Part A is unreleased as of yet, but the version you link to is a version of the older work that largely became part A.

However enough information has emerged related to parts A and B to revise B and the unreleased part A as well.

I doubt that part A will ever be released as it had been expected, first piracy of the books online have undercut sales badly, hurting the authors ability to publish. Second the amount of material contained in A as it stands could be broken up into more than one book.

Part A is literally annotated notes by Trout enhanced with pictures and put into a book format. For the serious student of cacti it will not contain much new information but rather serves to present that information all together as an incredible resource complete with bibliography. A lot of the data might be considered obscure to the general public or the average psychonaut, such as in regard to the pharmacology of mescaline, but for students and psychedelic researchers the work is an incredible and unique resource.

I hope it gets published in one form or another. That book you link to on Amazon is a worthwhile purchase.

You won't find many like it and it was not published in a large number.

How can I possibly get a hold of a copy of the information then? I'd gladly pay.

Part A is unreleased as of yet, but the version you link to is a version of the older work that largely became part A.

So I should buy that book because that is about as good as it's gonna get?

Well I am me and I will! :)