The Corroboree
domeboy

Ganoderma lucidum and oyster cultures

Hi guys!

I am trying to track down a culture of Ganoderma lucidum (Reishi) mushroom. I am happy to exchange for some edible seeds (veges) or some sterile plates or other general mushroom supplies.

I don't have many cultures and most of them are ones from fresh asian mushies.

Im also really keen any any oyster varieties that anyone might have, esp warmer weather ones!

I am trying to start a small business from home growing oysters from recycled coffee grounds. If anyone has any advice on this it would be very well received. I have experimented growing some in the past on wheat straw and it worked OK. I am really keen to produce and exchange locally.

Thanks guys!

I plan on spending a bit more time on this forum. If anyone needs any info on the scientific side of mycology, I am studying biology and might be able to help out.

Every time i have used coffee grounds in the past they become contaminated. gorilla tech's!

but having said that i reckon they would be great mixed into your bags for when your growing spawn.

Oyster will munch anything, i have experimented with all sorts of kitchen waste (except meat of course) and they love it.

if you can keep your coffee grounds from becoming contaminated then go for it, but in future i plan on using them for spawn growth.

Cheers, Obtuse.