The Corroboree
NSF

lawn innoculation?

So my parents property seems quite the place for mushrooms, they pop up there when other spots aren't fruiting yet. They've got all different species but predominantly they've got Agaricus Xanthodermus. These are clearly no good to anyone but they've got lots and they are a good size.

What I'd like to do is introduce some edible species to the lawn areas (they've got more than an acre of grass/lawn). What I'd like to know, firstly, is this possible? Has any body done this with success?

Secondly, how should I go about it? Should I innoculate lots of grain and spread that around? Will birds steal it all though? Is there a better method? Do I need to dig something in?

Thirdly, what are some good lawn species? I know Agaricus Campestris, but I'm also curious about how Agaricus Augustus or Stropharia rugosoannulata.

Any advice or stories or successes or failures would be greatly appreciated.

`

Edited by Magicdirt

Thanks MD, I really like that tek.

It's funny, I have GGMM but the only tek I could remember from it was the one where he digs a patch for morels. I'd love to scatter some morels about the place, but the hard part is getting some to begin with. Actually, the harder part is getting some and not eating some to make the slurry you talk about. lol.

Is it possible to do this same kind of bucket slurry tek but using cultures rather than spores? I might be able to grow some morel spawn, but it seems impossible to make it fruit in controlled conditions.

Edited by NSF

`

Edited by Magicdirt