The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Trip Dr

interaction between nymphaea and alcohol

Greetings all, i would like to know if anyone else has had a similar experience to mine. ON friday night i was given a sample of dried nymphaea nouchali(sab stock). I rolled two cigarettes and smoked them one after the other. I felt some mild effcts but found they didnt last very long.

Approx two hours later i began drinking schnapps in shots. Now i am not a big drinker, in fact it usually only takes me three glasses of wine to start feeling the effects of alcohol. After around an hour and a half i had consumed around 2/3 of a bottle of schnapps, but did not feel anywhere near as drunk as i thought i should. I drank a beer, then a burbon, and still felt no real drunkeness :mad: . I was pretty frustrated about this by now so i smoked a very small amount of mj(i also dont smoke alot), a short time later passing into a deep sleep

My question is, has anyone heard of any interactions between the lotus and alcohol? It was as if my ability to get drunk had been blocked. This is contrary to what i had read about lotus, as i believe it was used as an infusion in alcohol to enhance the effects. Ideas anyone???

My experience is that the two meld together very nicely.

I get really intoxicated off only a little bit of alcohol while under the spell of lotus. Although, lotus on its own is quite nice.

Maybe you were so excited about smoking this herb that you didn't realise that you were drunk! But this could have its applications if the results were repeatable. At least one drug used to treat alcoholism works, supposedly, by blocking the pleasurable effects of alcohol. Did you have a hangover the next day?

Trip - looks like you had the opposite reaction to what almost everyone else has. This is not as rare as some might think.

No hangover either! Well mabey a very very mild one, definately no where near as bad as one would think. However i did feel somewhat lazy, but this usually happens after smoking mj with me.

spaced- i smoked the lotus mabey two hours before i started drinking, so any excitement about smoking something new had worn off by this stage.

I will be trying this again, not for a few weeks though, and post results. I think i'll try drinking something a little stronger than schnapps this time though, that'll break that pesky lotus barrier!