The Corroboree

abandoned

Edited by dworx

Hutch you need to cut 1inch under each node, the top pic has two nodes so two cuttings. With some bamboo it wont matter that there is no branches but some just wont strike, That looks ok to use, but always a gamble. For the pot mix I just use coarse river sand and filter press, the sand is more expense than the filter press.

Thank you Dworx...I am looking forward to some cutting lessons from you in the near future....

I have really mulched up around my bamboos and even in this cold I have noticed an improvement....I think it is going to be a brilliant spring this year with all the rain we have had. Well in this region anyway. It is unusually green and lush for this time of year...great spending time in the garden. My Rivea is heavy in seed same as my HBWR.... awesome time of year.

here are my results following this thread, i managed to get 3 plants from around 40 cuttings.it's a green budda, was my first time i tried bamboo cuttings.

post-70-0-79407500-1333418842_thumb.jpg

SAM_0966bamboo.JPG

SAM_0966bamboo.JPG

Edited by planthelper

Awesome work Ph what do you plan on doing with them

You gotta luv bamboo. Is it Buddha Belly bamboo ph ?

I also put a few cuttings down following the instructions on this thread. I have 4 Buddha Belly (dwarf if i remember correctly?) plants/cuttings. The 4 cuttings have not yet rooted, and it has been like 9 months. They are still green and throwing off branches and leaves, but i dug up one and there are no roots. I am hoping they survive, as i am pretty keen on bamboo. So i had 100% success using this thread as a guide. ( technically, i cant say 100% success until they take root, right?, but i think they will take off ) :)