The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
tripsis

A couple of polls regarding forum features.

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

re: editing thread titles

sometimes i've written a thread title that i've only noticed had typos etc a few minutes subsequent to posting. i'm a tad OCD when it comes to spelling so it'd come in handy. why not have a 10 minute limit to edit thread titles? alternatively, perhaps allow thread titles to be changed until someone has posted a reply to it?

re: time limits for editing posts

i'm conflicted on this and my thoughts on the matter have already been stated by others. one thing that would make things good tho, is to make it MANDATORY for cunts to describe the reason for the edit. where relevant, i try to do this myself, but yeah, pisses me off sometimes not knowing if it was a typo or an entire idea that's been altered by the poster.

have enabled title editing for member group 2 and above.

abuse of this feature will be instant deletion.

• Like 1

Fair point about editing posts. I suppose there's no way to confer the privilege of an unlimited timeframe to specific members (and thus trusted not to abuse the function)? So newer members wouldn't have the ability to trash threads, unless they had somehow proven themselves not likely to do so.

while recent tanties were mostly noobs, in the past it was just as likely to be someone who had been here a while, so not sure if there is any specific level of trust that can be conferred for whatever reason. Most of them were unpredictable.

Fair point again. You're in the best position to judge this one then.

Thanks for the ability to edit thread titles. Finally no more glaring typos!