The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
lophty_tricho

Fellow Cactofiles

I've been doing some research into desert real estate.

check this out Western land lease property @ Lightning Ridge

My Idea is this: A syndicate of 8-12 of us to put in around $1000 - 1500 each for the plot to be planted out with cacti! What do you think? anyone out there familiar with the particulars of WLL's? Western Land Leases

Just an Idea, Throwing it out there, if your interested or have info or knowledge as to why this would not be viable please contribute to this thread. Could be an awesome opportunity to put some cactus in the ground and have the perfect cactofiles retreat.

Edited by lophty_tricho

i love lightning ridge! cool multicultural town... has a nice eccentric vibe to the place :) i have been pondering buying some land out there for a while... right now though it's not that practical for me, but i will definitely keep my eye on this thread & may be interested in investing if people are serious :)

• Like 1

Count me in,

100% into it!

plenty of cacti here looking for a good home!

(maybe even 2 shares if it helps)

Edited by toby
  • Like 1

:drool2: I'm getting exited!!
Count me in,

100% into it!

plenty of cacti here looking for a good home!

(maybe even 2 shares if it helps)

toby, another option could be a syndicate of 4 each contributing 3 grand- the smaller the number of investors the less complicated the management of the property would be :scratchhead:

The property linked above seems to be twice the size of the others available for the same price.

In the spirit of inclusiveness we could have a corroboree open house during the Easter festival!

Edited by lophty_tricho

Another thing. i'm not particularly desperate to 'own' my plants as such, so if anyone is kinda keen but doesn't have alot of trichs, don't let that stop you! most willing to share!

• Like 1

There is a beautiful cactus garden there if you find yourself out that way. The son runs it now after his father passed away. The town itself is worth a visit, and follow the car doors to the garden. Probably the best coffee in the west there too.

• Like 1

If your property is on a western land lease means you never own the land, you have to pay extra rates to lease the land from western lands on top of normal council water & sewage rates

im sure there is far more to it but thats the simple version (how i understand it)

some nice river blocks out this way in the semi arid zone http://www.homehound.com.au/irrigation+road+menindee+nsw+2879/ 1 acre

Edited by mac

That looks nice mac, thanks for that, any idea of the asking price? I'm pretty sure the only on going cost of the property is $150 per year, with the lease up for renewal in 2027, allot of people holding a WLL where given the option to convert to freedoms not to long ago, though no at Lightning Ridge.