The Corroboree
Zen Peddler

MDMA drought?

I went out to lunch today and this ranmdom goon came up to me telling me he was a researcher from a website.

And he asked me questions regarding ecstasy and whether I had tried the drug and whether I was aware that the amount of MDMA available in Australia had greatly decreased in recent times and what I thought that meant. he was curious about whether i thought this fact meant users were forced to try potentially more dangerous drugs.

I wondered why he'd bothered me specifically and I gave him a 'how does he know im stoned' look, and went about my business...

That does seem strange that someone approached you asking those sorts of questions. I've never had anyone approach me to ask questions about illegal drugs and I'd be very suspicious if someone did. I make a habit of not answering questions from "random goons" on the street. You never know who they really are or what their motivations are and when we talk to anyone we're likely to unintentionally give away free information in the course of the conversation.

The fact that there is an E drought of does seem to indicate that the big syndicates have shifted their focus to something that is not so high on the police hit list.

I've seen many times when there is a shortage of pot, people who wouldn't normally do so go for readily available things like amphetamines or acid so there is some truth to what he said.

Some people will go to the pub and piss up, others will look for whatever they can get.

Did he say what website he was a researcher for? Did he identify himself?

I think the worst thing about an mdma drought is not that people will go "Shit! - there's no mdma....I'm going to eat some acid!", rather others saying "here's some pills" which turn out to be full of other bogus shit....

• Like 2

spot on. if theres no emder then why try your luck with pills? just acknowledge that you can't get emder for the time being. it always pops its head in for a gurn from time to time.

And in come the RCs..

Without MDMA around people are definitely opting for more readily available and potentially more dangerous drugs.

I know heaps of people that jumped on the 4-methylmethcathinone bandwagon as a substitute for MDMA... at least with MDMA the long term impacts of the chemical are much more understood.

Personally, being somebody who would eat a hand full of MD\pills over a night a mere few times a year on special occasions... I have found myself instead smoking shards on those occasions so I'm a perfect example of somebody who has been forced to take a potentially more dangerous substance as a result of decreased MD availability.

Re: shards being safer.. yeah that is true in some respects, but when I used to.eat pills in the past they came from trusted sources and I could rely on the fact that they had been reagent tested. Most of the time I reckon a blind taste against a cap of the real stuff would yield identical reports.

These days I have no trusted sources for pills because trustworthy ones stopped bothering as they refused to give people bombs and rcs tabled as E.

Compare that with a substance that is known to have the potential to cause severe addictions if gets out of hand, with the possibility of causing permanent damage after long term habits. I've seen much more damage done to friends from the pipe getting on top of them than I have seen from smashing the biccies every weekend.

i don't want to make this an argument (i'm sick of appearing pro-ice everywhere i go). of course it's dangerous but at least you know the dangers. a mouthful of bad pills has been known to kill people, and more frequently give a baaaaaaaad headache.

if you had reliable sources i can see why you don't have the aversion that i have.

Edited by ThunderIdeal

No argument dude :).. I understand where you're coming from and I am by no means anti ice personally.. it's better than eating dirty goop. I just meant that I have to be strict on myself with it and that not everybody are able to maintain self control as easily.

safer than what? flying a helicopter drunk? :P

no seriously, are we talking about random shitbikkies here?