The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
LikeAshesWeFade

Ibogaine

Hey guys, I just finished watching the first series of Manifesting The Mind last night and am going to be watching Ibogaine: Rite of Passage, this morning. I cannot wait to get my hands on the other 2 series of Manifesting The Mind, as that doco is simply amazing. The part that caught my eye the most was Ibogaine and the way they are trying to get this point across to the FDA that it has the potential to fix alot of the drug-addicted slums, not all of them but I personally think the majority would!

I assume Ibogaine's legal status in Aus is much similar to the US and I would really love to find out if there is anywhere in Australia I can sign up with to also try and push this wonderful compound in the faces of the government, to try and atleast get some sort of approval to let Scientists and Psychiatrists conduct a study on Heroin users? Rather than developing "jack up" centre's where they can go ruin their (once valuable) lives even more and live a horrible/miserable life of addiction. I cannot justify how they can so blindly not see the values in so many plants that would most definitely change this world, yet keep feeding us with crap that will almost always destroy our body that little bit more, just so they keep turning over those $$$..

They don't want the average member of society to be able to discover these things for themselves, they don't want any of nature's little secrets to be revealed nor do they want us to be able to cultivate them ourselves and live a healthy life of joy, freedom and knowledge, healing ourselves without their money making poisons. More and more plants are now being stumbled upon that are coming so close to being the same if not more effective than their pharmaceuticals, I know a few that will put Vallium to shame.. anyday!

I don't think they should make entheogens mainstream by any means what so ever.. because as with Sally, today's society seems to find some way of abusing these substances and then 'you tubing' them thinking they'll become fucking famous or something.. In that sense I can understand why alot of psychedelics are frowned upon. I just personally think that they need to do more study on certain plant species like Iboga, for Mental Health and Drug n Alcohol research, still keeping it hidden from the general public and leaving the neo-shaman to his/her own thing.

What is everyone else's opinion on this? Would love to know! :)

Oh, and if you haven't seen the first series of Manifesting The Mind, or Ibogaine: Rite of Passage. I would highly recommend that you download the torrent, it will open your eyes to what hopefully will one-day be put into practise.

edit** AHH SHIT! :BANGHEAD2: I just realised this would have been more suited in the Ethnobotany section, feel free to change it over mods! :)

Edited by LikeAshesWeFade

Edited by Casuarius

Words certainly don't do it any justice at all, I wonder if there is much study going on with this species scientifically or not within Australia. Your right about the abuse potential aswell, there certainly won't be many people trying it again especially if they have to drink a tea and are blown beyond their expectations if they manage to stomach the tea.

Thankgod it's still legal to possess seeds and plants for growing within Aus! It's just extremely hard to find someone that sell's cuttings or seeds and will send to WA. :(

Someone may pop up in WA with some, hopefully. haha