The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
migraineur

HELP! Just got cuttings in the mail

Hey

I just got my HBWR, Khat and Psychotria Carthagenensis cuttings in the mail. They are in rockwool. What is the best way to plant them now?

Should I leave them in the rockwool?

They are rooted. I put them in some well drained soil mix that I had used for cacti and catha edulis. I dipped them in some rooting hormone first, however, I realise this might not be necessary as they already have roots but someone told me to do it. Then I watered them and put a little bit of seaweed fertiliser in too. They are now in a 4 tier greenhouse which I misted and I also put some trays of perlite on the bottom to increase the relative humidity. I put a hygrometer in there and the humidity has increased to about 80-85%.

Any thoughts?

yes.plant as is with them in the rockwool. white root tips out of the rockwool is a good sign :)

dont fertilize until there is signs of new growth ie new tips/leaves on the plant.

with high humidity(like your 80% plus, watch out for root and stem rot.

I'm in melb/vic and alot of my babies are on daily watch cause of the "cairns" type weather we're experiencing at atm.

i got some hbwr seedlings thriving right now, with no food or h2o - pretty damp already from the freaky, melb wetness

peace

HBWR = rich soil in a biggish pot = plenty of room for roots . It likes hardcore fert like 20-20-20

no idea about the rest

HBWR = rich soil in a biggish pot = plenty of room for roots . It likes hardcore fert like 20-20-20

no idea about the rest

yeah,

like mutantmf said:

massive root systems on hbwr