The Corroboree
Storm crow

Floating in a flood, help required enquire within :P

Life has thrown a little hurdle in my way, so plans aren't going according to plan, as is the way of plans. I've been camping on an orchard on the Mornington Pensinsula in Victoria, and in return have been doing a bit of mowing and odd jobs for the owner. The problem is my campsite has flooded and I am unable to get emergency accomodation atm(talk about an adventure!). The accomodation I had lined up from the 10th of December until at least Christmas has fallen through so that has left me in a bit of a bind.

I was going to be using that time to look for some fruitpicking work in Victoria as a home base makes these things much easier. I thought I'd throw it out to this community that I'm keen to get a dry campsite(or other accomodation) and keen to get some paid work. Work in exchange for accomodation/food etc would be wonderful as well. I do get the pension to get me by so I won't starve. My spirits are high, I know that everything will fall into place exactly as it is meant to. Oh and one other thing, my fiance will be travelling with me (yes recently engaged as of Saturday!). She's keen as to be in the great outdoors doing some travelling and working until our dream property hopefully becomes available :)

So if anyone has any ideas or needs a hand with something, let me know via here or PM and we can have a chat and see how it goes.

Good luck, mate and congrats on you engagement.

Sorry I can't help in the way of work or accom, but best thoughts with you.

tahiti sounds nice

Good luck, mate and congrats on you engagement.

Sorry I can't help in the way of work or accom, but best thoughts with you.

Thanks :) It will all work out. It is actually clear today so I can head back to camp and see what it is like and hopefully move my camp to a dryer spot. It has been raining so much here that it has been pretty much soaked almost the entire time. I should be able to find some work in this area if the rain drops off as there are plenty of grape and cherry farms and if not, it's travelling time again :)

Your welcome to talk about staying in our warehouse in newcastle. Maybe some fruit picking work in the hunter valley for you? Hit me up if your keen.

Your welcome to talk about staying in our warehouse in newcastle. Maybe some fruit picking work in the hunter valley for you? Hit me up if your keen.

Thanks for the offer Slybacon, we may well drop past in our travels if we head that way. I've got a few friends in Newcastle.

Since posting my original post, my campsite dried out(the predicted extended rain didn't eventuate) so I managed to move camp to somewhere a little dryer, although the rain is back again today! I've also gotten 2 jobs offers at vineyards starting mid-January and the beginning of Feb so it looks like my financial situation is picking up. I can always forage mushrooms, introduced Euopean weeds, blackberries and fruit from orchards until then :P It looks like I'll be ok, albeit a little wet :D