The Corroboree
Magicdirt

People who change the world

I think that the whole message of death not being so bad has had far too much of an anthropocentric spin put onto it (with resurrection and eternal life in some form). For example, entropy laws do not like the idea of an ever-increasing number of spirits who each have an identity (requires information to have an identity). The way I see death has changed a lot. I used to have the standard dualistic viewpoint: there's life, and then there's death - and that life was what everyone wanted, and death was not spoken about. But the more I begin to look at the intricacies of life, I begin to see a pattern - that life and death are the same; different viewpoints of one process. They are opposite sides of the same coin or the difference between coming and going.

There is no life without death. For you and me to exist - the deaths of plants and animals alike have to occur, our life depends on their death.

There is no death without life. Nothing can die if it was not alive to begin with.

As conservation of energy implies, this process is practically infinite. The plants you might say - they do not need to have death to live, but, they are always dying, each cell dying slowly only to be replaced.

So I'm not just going to die. I'm just going to share my life back to whence it came - as I'll've had my turn with it. :)

Also, I don't know if it's been mentioned, but Norman Borlaug is one of the most influential people to have ever lived. Unfortunately he passed away in 2009, but I suspect that his efforts will be felt strongly in many years to come.

Edit: Spelled Norman wrong, lol.

Edited by bluntmuffin

Guest svarg26

if you just sit back, switch off and enjoy the experience, then the only one that can change that experience is you. what someone does on the other side of the planet does not change my experience. nor should it change yours. one blink and it's over.