The Corroboree
psili sausage

Website Idea

I'm considering creating an informational website. Basically the idea is to encourage people to reduce the distance their food has to travel to get to them. I'm going to start with my own region and hopefully expand to include more of the country.

What I intend to include is as follows:

• Local farmer's markets etc
  • Community gardens to get involved with
  • People and places where gardening training/information can be received
  • Basic - advanced information on home gardening from small scale containers to large permaculture gardens
  • Suppliers of soils, organic mixes, plants and seeds
  • Suggestions of where to look for the above locally
  • Raising of animals such as poultry, rabbits, goats etc
  • Links to other organizations with a similar goal in mind
  • And most importantly, many reasons why it is necessary for people to make these changes

It is barely in planning stage as yet, but any ideas or suggestions are more than welcome.

• Like 2

make it happen, i'll do my best to offer my thoughts when you are a bit closer to making it a reality. i have literally infinite ebooks to supply, even if you only use them as research to make your own info documents.

Great idea. Being that you've pretty much covered everything already, this is all I could of:

A forum and/or chat room

A videos section (you could just use YouTube vids)

A permaculture news section (you could just get a feed from another site)

make it happen, i'll do my best to offer my thoughts when you are a bit closer to making it a reality. i have literally infinite ebooks to supply, even if you only use them as research to make your own info documents.

While I'm all for freedom of information, I want this site to be 100% legal so I'm not sure where I'll be able to source all the quality free information I'm after. Most of the e-books I have are not for free distribution... Worst case scenario, I'll have some info downloadable as well as a recommended reading list.

I'm not terribly keen to rewrite the vast amount of information that this topic would require... All I'm planning on writing at this stage is the "Why bother?" section, which will explain the problem and possible solutions. I want it to be of professional quality and am researching for it now, so if you have any suggested material to look at, let me know.