The Corroboree
mutant

A questions for sub eaters

Cool.

Question: If you freeze fresh specimens then make a tea using ascorbic acid, will you keep the psilocin intact?

I think you need to make the tea first and then freeze it, as the cell walls of the mushroom break down with freezing ( turns to slop) and the active goodies are lost. ???

EDIT:,more precise info...

vitC in shroom tea will make it stable for a couple of years or more in the freezer [much more than double the time for untreated brew.

also, sclerotia coated in VitC solution before drying will keep potent for many months without refrigeration but only weeks or maybe a few months when stored cold.

source= http://www.shaman-au...showtopic=24990

While refrigeration is recommended, freezing fresh mushrooms should be avoided, since the expansion of the freezing water in the cells ruptures the cell walls and thus opens them up for oxidation. Mushrooms that were frozen while fresh may be an attractive blue color, but they are inactive. source= http://www.churchofk...m/mushrooms.htm

Edited by Amazonian

Fresh frozen is a bad idea. On thawing the cell walls are broken and it turns to a black mush that is not at all potent and tastes like crap.

Edited by The Dude

you're not really answering my questions

do they degrade a lot outside a freezer/fridge? anyone with experience?

Why freeze or fridge a dehydrated item. Seems odd to put a dehydrated item in an environment of high humidity. I cant answer because like most people, the fridge / freezer doesnt come into the equation.

Edited by Zen Peddler BlueGreenie

So many ways to freeze! I heard someone talking about drying to crispy dry, grinding that up in a coffee grinder and then ziplocking. Put in the freezer for spoon measured eating. One teaspooon, one tablespoon, or what ever. Or just grind when you need to.

This person was saying that it was like keeping coffee in the freezer. Maybe good in hot Aussie climates? I know my house gets up to 35+ degrees in the hot months.

Drying alone has always been adequate. Dried correctly they remain active for over a year in some cases in an airtight jar.

cool contributions everyone :worship:

OK, follow up report, same species

A had packed his wood-bluers in pre-weight quantities in pags in the freezer

A usually doesn't do this kind of stuff... lol... that is taking psychs like 'that'. Plus S, a friend had no experience of any proper psychedelic

So A was with a good friend, S, and drank beer, smoked some pot, playing a table game, and generally chatting and having a nice time. Then they went on and put on some loops and did some freestyle rap.. It was then when the notion began to overtake A. He was quite sedated after many smokes, beers and a whole pizza. S had not drank so much beer, but was sedated too. A began rapping and joking about doing some of the magic mushrooms in the fridge. S instantly said 'whatever you say man'. After some 2-3 mins the decision was made.

weighs in fresh grams

+0.00

A eats 1,8 [babies] and S eats 1,5 babies

+0.20 A thinks something is happening and he takes more 3,5

+0.35 A is feeling more energetic. S asks for more so A+S take another 1,7 each

+0.50 A takes 3,5 more

+1.00 S takes 1 more

so total A = 10,5 , S = 4,2

by that time A is energetic and very excited. they go up to the roof

the smell of yellow brugmansia [X insignis?] is super psychoactive and boosts A with a strange euphoria. The roof with the shades and stuff looks great. S is feeling nice and much more energetic too. After a while they go downstairs again. They stare at the Argyreia vine for a while. as soon as they go inside the well lit kitchen, A bursts into unstoppable laughter and collapses to some chair for a couple of minutes. no reason or whatsoever. Going to the more dark house where some coloured lights flash A notices significalt visual activity. He's very euphoric and restless and in the following half hour he bursts into laughter a couple more times. S is drifted into the laughter a bit himself. They talk for a while, well, S listens to A excited rambling. After a while, S is feeling tired and lies down. He says he is not sleepy and is still feeling nice, albeit a bit sedated.

A goes to his bed after a while too. He lies and he passes out after a while.

They wake up after some 12 hours of sleep, [A had a break at 8 hours sleeping, drank some water and slept again] feeling nice and revitalized, despite beer, especially for A who drank a lot.

An afterglow is felt, with the feeling it would be even greater with less beer and pot.

Conclusions: the actives indeed released themselves super fast when frozen material was directly eaten. The trip was intense and short lasting, but we should certainly take into account the combo of beer, pot and a single pizza for each one, which worked against the awakening.

The trip overall lasted some 3 hours max I estimate

dry em whole and seal em in vac bgs,tea(heat,fuks em,waste if you ask me and no need),freezing fuks em as said above the same happens if you chop em up and then dry so dry whole and they should be great for study sometime into the future :innocent_n: