The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
jay6785

Aussie substrate

Hi Guys,

Have done some searching around but am yet to find many clear answers, what kind of substrate do fellow aussies use?

I am going to use brf cake mixed with bunnings cow manure...not sure if I should also mix in some straw?

Thanks alot amazonian that clears up a bit...I searched all over the forums for manure substrates but missed the sticky!!! :P

Looked in a couple of hardware stores and gardening centres with no luck, any ideas where can I find horse manure??

I was in a pinch at that stage too and could not find any horse poo. I used cow manure from Bunnings( Fine farms brand) .I can guarantee it works. I intend to get natural horse/cow poo when i come across it .But for now, the cow poo from Bunnings works just fine ( Assuming you are mixing it with straw and palm peat).

Edited by Amazonian

Thanks, why using palm peat though and not coco-coir with the cow manure? Bunnings cow manure is the one I actually have atm too.

Find a horse :lol:

Havent seen horse poo in retail stores best bet would be to head out to the areas where people keep horses and knock on doors.

Cheers

Got

Well that realy shows how slow type :(

Edited by GoOnThen

why using palm peat though and not coco-coir .

Its the same thingbiggrin.gif