The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
El Presidente Hillbillios

syringes and needles

Hey guys, i just realised that some guys have real issues getting hold of needles and syringes.

Pm me if you need em and we can work out a trade or something as i have plenty

:P SO Does the Chemist

Not the chemists around me. I found them quite hard to find. Thanks for the offer Hillbilly

To anybody who has trouble trying to find em..

Even though many chemists may not stock them and act like they don't sell them, all chemists can order them in for you. Even most small pharmacies will have a spare 23-25G needle in stock as there are many people who choose to self administer IM injections when they need to be done on a daily basis instead of going to the doctors.. like people with deep vein thrombosis requiring warfarin injections daily (happened to a friend of mine), or people with pernicious anemia requiring regular B12 shots.. Hell most of the fertility medicines only come in injectable form.

All you need to do is ring up a chemist, ask if they have any 5mL syringes and 19G luer lock needles in stock (as an example), and if they say no then simply request they order them in for you. Other option is find out if any chemists in your area operate as a needle exchange, as they will certainly have no issue ordering them for you even if they only have the 1mL insulin fits as standard stock.

...so if Hillbilly runs out, and my advice fails you because the pharmacists are jerks or liars, send me a PM and I'll grab some at work.

yeh good post indigo,

particularly on the lying and jerk pharmacist front, make a stand and get them to order them in for you IMO, they usually don't have a clue and you end up with at least 2-3 people (pharmacists and cashiers etc.) treating you poorly giving you suspicious looks, then looking up books for ages for simple names. A good point is once they find it, get the specific name off them and the order code, tell them that you WILL be coming back in the future for more orders so if they can supply you with the name/order code it will make it a lot easier for everyone involved, a simple 30 second order request, out the door.

Haven't done it for a while, though they usually don't know what a scalpel is, think they list it as surgical blades, for anyone looking for that item.

If you're in for a particularly colorful day at the pharmacy, ask them for headache tablets at the same time, more lies and even dirtier looks, expect them to front up the weakest strength on offer, with attitude, /rant.