The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Dodie

Kava

hi

ive just bought some png strong kava (50g) from herbalistics and was wondering how much i would need in a drink? in teaspoons would be good...i also bought some sceletium emarcidum and want to know whats the best way to take it and how much id need i have 5g of this...

can't help you on the kava, but sceletium just sniff a small pinch up each nostril, start very low and work up. You only need really small amounts 5g would go a LONG way.

I use 1 heaped tablespoon per each large coffee mug of kava I drink. Normally if i'm after an effect, I drink usually 2 cups, sometimes 3. Kava kneeded through fine cloth into cold water in a large bowl.

I drink it in party social situations and it's always combined with alcohol and often weed.

It's effect is a sort of euphoria when conversing with people. I liken it to speed with it's abilty to make you talk when normally you've got nothing to say or really couldt' be bothered talking.

Alcohol plus kava is thought to be dangerous for some people, those not lacking enzymes (my theory) to deal with breaking down the kava maybe. Fijians often drink chasers of alcohol after each bilo, they don't have any sort of dramatic liver illness epidemic going on, but maybe it's because they all do have the (liver?) enzymes to deal with kava.

[ 09. February 2005, 22:24: Message edited by: blog ]

LoL I hadnt had alcohol for 2 months and just had some and couldnt walk properly so decided it was time for kava. Trip report: I am laughing my ass off at everything and everyhung is so funny and man this is the coolest and I love just stuff

Oh and to your question, I have 2 heaped teaspoons oer dose, so for relax thats 1 does, for whackity wjack thats like 3 or 4 r 5

kava strength varies ALOT

also how kava is prepared makes a big difference to strength

it should be blended for 10mins or so pretty vigourously with something like coconut milk or soy letchin

then elft in fridge overnight

big difference

but generally 1 heaped tablespoon per dose is about right

the reason for not mixing with alcohol is that it can increase effects of alcohol 10 fold, which if your already drunk aint a good thing!

it puts alot of stress on your liver for starters

some of the otehr members here have tasty recipes for kava so wait for them