The Corroboree
bℓσωηG

Tricho? mislabelled as kk919

Question

Hey ,

I know this is not Trichocereus bridgesii ... but was bought from a member here labeled as Trichocereus bridgessii kk919.

I reckon its an interesting plant none the less. Could it be some sort of Tersheckiioid? I dont think ill be keeping the current label on this plant , I intitially had doubts to whether it was even a Trichocereus but after seeing some pics it may just be one i havent encountered before ... any thoughts?

DSCN0084.jpg

DSCN0083.jpg

Edited by blowng

11 answers to this question

Not 100% sure, the first one's that came to mind are

T. werdermannianus and T. taquimbalensis

i believe this plant came from me. i agree i dont think its bridgesii. i have quite a few, came to me as seed from Knize labelled as KK919 bridgesii. If anyone can positively id the var i will relabel all of mine as well.

i believe this plant came from me. i agree i dont think its bridgesii. i have quite a few, came to me as seed from Knize labelled as KK919 bridgesii. If anyone can positively id the var i will relabel all of mine as well.

Yep thats the one incognito, i do like the look of it though .When it becomes a large column it may be easier to tell. It had grown heaps of roots while i was away so i potted her up. Are they variable at all in appearance out of your lot ?

not really.

The KK919 i got off you Incog looks like a bridgesii I will post a pic soon

The KK919 i got off you Incog looks like a bridgesii I will post a pic soon

WTF ? hahaha....... i knew you had it in for me incog

T. tacaquirensis, aka T. werdermannianus, aka T. culpensis, from Tarija and surrounding areas, southern Bolivia. The growth habit changes on mature plants quite significantly. Anderson regards T. werdermannianus as synonymous with T. terscheckii, but that just clearly isn't the case unless he is regarding T. werdermannianus as something other than the one that commonly gets this name.

4817014218_339e2a81d6_o.jpg

4823717668_fce5edfb16_o.jpg

~Michael~

Looks promising Ms. Smith... 'tis funny I grew some seeds thinking I had T. werdermannianus and got a globular Echinopsis sp. but then I purchased a T.bridgesii kk919 and may have got one anyway :blush: i hopes.

T. werdermannianus was what I was going to say, but it would be interesting to see photos when it's actively growing.

Also, Mr SMith, won't some T. werdermannianii have some of the upper spines [on each areole] a bit curved or something?

P1020140.jpg

this is what I have in mind, not that I am saying this type is the most typical or even 100% right. My seed was from Nomad [uS]

Mine has grown a bit more, it's pumping more and more its diameter. One of my prettiest cactus.

I love this cluster of trichocerei.

I agree. they look identical to ms.smiths and mutants werdermannianus shots.

ruddy Knize! my first Knize shafting!! ah well.

i have a nice variegated one i propped the bejesus out of last spring. cuts are starting to root now.

might have to look at the profile on this one to see if its tasty.

t. werdermannianus-

mescaline 10-50mg/100g >50%

3,4-dimethoxyphenylethylamine

tyramine traces

3-methoxytyramine

3,5-dimethoxy-4-hydroxyphenylethylamine traces