The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
paradox

original contempory aussie bush prose?

Crackling hot summer gully track to ridgetop cliffside podium, i crouch watching a raggedy sleek black bull-ant rampaging in her syncopated duty.

she seems to sense my sweat & approach's, then reels with brandished mandibles at the movement of my immensity.

she's a bad-ass immersed in her own ant paradigm, unfathomable from the perspective of my own unknown reality..

she marches on away, past a leech stood poised with acute awareness at the taste of my warm mammalian fragrance in the air...

but i leave now, leave it hungry as i pull another from behind my knee.

I'm perched now. Lost atop a ridge-side cliff on the edge of deathtown. A green-skinned ale all i have to whet my throat & ease this heat. Cool my cheek.

Down below, the streets are bare & hot. Blank stares, fragments of souls lost & simple concentric geometric flummery is all that greets one who'd seek the company of a heart.. Quite fitting that this is where i first knew true love.

Now the only signs of life, a trolley wielding gutter-man, his old heart in apathy, he's forgotten how to recognize one who also knows.. or perhaps i'm lost & dead as well & he simply chooses to ignore another of the binary phantoms that haunt his world.

This baking clifftop bush, it creaks & crackles in heat & so much more. The so much more that comes from all inside but right around.

i suck my green-skinned ale & ponder the no-where that i'm heading. still so far to go...

No desire but the want to have desire. Nothing in words but the moon to which the finger points..

But even i know theres nothing there or anywhere else to want for. Nothing but the itch of a decaying memory from another thought-dream blown away by the cool wind in this summer over deathtown.

Edited by paradox

heh

nicely written

strange, melancholic. the feeling of the heat radiates ;)

thought-provoking. got my attention right away with the ant-paradigm bit.

why is it edited? looks the same as it did yesterday.

thanks! just found a notebook from 6 months ago, thought i'd share.. even though it's freezing cold & wet where i am now haha

edit was just some grammer.