The Corroboree
RonnySimulacrum

EGA 2010 Psychedelic Symposium Dec 4-5 in Vic - Rick Doblin Headlining

had a squiz and the new izwoz site, kickarse,

Thanks for that, I hadn't seen the new site yet. Looks awesome.

^^^Certainly does look awesome :worship:.

Can you give any indication how ticket sales are going Ronny??? Just bought mine but wanting to know whether I'd be sweet to wait a few weeks before I bought my girlfriends tick now she's decided to join me.

• Like 1

Good question IndigoSunrise, the tickets are stages, for instance 80 early bird tickets, so we will have tickets up until near the conference date, say 2 weeks before, however the price will go up at each stage so get in now to keep the price down.

However sales are very strong, with 100+ of the 350 already gone, so yes response has been fantastic, and the full line up is yet to be announced so when it is we expect people to really get on board.

We have selected the full line up, but have a little bit of internal work to do before we can announce it, but hope to with in a week or 2.

:lol:

^^^Certainly does look awesome :worship:.

Can you give any indication how ticket sales are going Ronny??? Just bought mine but wanting to know whether I'd be sweet to wait a few weeks before I bought my girlfriends tick now she's decided to join me.

Cheers for that Ronny. Was curious how it all worked re: the different stages of ticket prices. Very glad to hear that there has been such a strong response thus far and pumped to hear the full lineup.

Don't know what my post did to deserve a negative rating, but I'll save the rest of my bitching about this stupid rating and reputation system for it's relevant thread.

• Like 1

Our third Keynote Speakers will be Mitch Schultz the US film directer of the forthcoming documentary DMT: the spirit molecule.

Lecture: Hacking Reality: Conscious Evolution of a Multi-­‐Dimensional Language

System.

Mitch Schultz Producer/ Director

Mitch started his journey in Memphis, TN. Since, he has called Texas, Minnesota, Colorado, and New York home. From an early age his love of film, art, music and storytelling fueled his path, and established his extensive background in film, broadcast, and interactive. Mitch’s experience encompasses work with Ghost Robot, Synthetic Pictures, and a variety of television work. His education includes a BS in Radio-Television-Film from the University of Texas at Austin and a MPS from Tisch School of the Arts’ Maurice Kanbar Institute of Film and Television at New York University.

'The spirit molecule' web page

http://thespiritmolecule.com/

Edited by RonnySimulacrum

Hey everyone

I have received many requests about if we are doing a small market space at this years EGA, we are still negotiating elements of this, but we will only be taking on about 6 stalls and 4 info booths.

So get in early and Email all your equerry about having a market/stall or info booth at this years EGA to

[email protected]

Thanks

Full EGA EGA 2010 line up now announced below speakers and topics

Bio - Rick Doblin, Ph.D., - MAPS Executive Director http://www.maps.org

Dr Alex Wodak - ‘The Failure and Futility of Global Drug Prohibition’ [/b]http://adlrf.org.au/

Mitch Schultz - 'Hacking Reality: Conscious Evolution of a Multi-­‐Dimensional Language

System.'

Dr Des Tramacchi‘Exciting the Spirit: Cross-cultural perspectives on the uses of stimulants as entheogens’

Joseph Gelfer‘Towards a Sacramental Understanding of Dextromethorphan’

Rohan Mitchell – ‘Lock Picking, Car Parks and Unbridled Curiosity – a Peek into the World of Psychedelic Chemistry’

Torsten Wiedemann‘Is it legal?’

Robin Rodd‘Ayahuasca Use in Australia: Cultural Context and Perceptions of Health Consequences’

Michael Bock‘Ergots (and their relatives) of Australasia and the Ergot alkaloids’

Dr Anna Kokavec‘Contribution of mood, motives, personality and coping to licit and illicit substance use in young adults aged 18-25 years’

Jasen‘Iboga/Ibogaine in the use of addiction’

Henry Cox‘An Introduction to The Cultural Constructions of Pituri Use’

Rak Razam‘From Cosmic Consciousness to Convergence: Mapping the Species Activation’

Sean Leneghan‘Underbelly: Les paradis artificiels’

Stephen Bright – TBA

To buy a ticket simply follow this link to the EGA Shop

http://www.entheo.net/egashop.php

The EGA early bird tickets period will be ending in two day or so, i suggest you get in before then.

:wink:

EGA tickets have been selling very well, with half of them already sold out :devil: can you believe it, with still 2 months to go till the conference.

You can now Heading Down to The Happy Herb Shop, 317 Smith St Fitzroy, VIC. Phone: (03) 9419 1277 and perchance EGA tickets in town. Or in two weeks or so EGA tickets will also be available from The Pixie Collective in High St, Northcote.

Do not miss out :lol:

Sorry go eager and put up a double post --- :BANGHEAD2:

Some quick updates to some 2010 talks;

Sean Leneghan - “The Varieties of the Ecstasy Experience”

Stephen Bright - ''Taking entheogens to the masses: Reflections on presenting to the Australasian Professional Society for Alcohol and other Drugs (APSAD)''

We also hope to announce the 3 2010 EGA discussion panels very soon.

And if you have not guest all paying attendees receive a free copy of the new 2010 EGA journal at the event :wink:

Rick Doblin will be giving the following talks at this year’s EGA in Melbourne in early December.

Talk 1

TITLE: Psychedelics, Social Change, and Cultural Evolution

SYNOPSIS

We'll discuss the current renaissance in psychedelic research, the political dynamics at work, and a strategy for the reintegration of psychedelic experiences into Western culture.

There are now more psychedelic research studies taking place than at any time in the last 40 years. The symbolism of psychedelics as tools of political rebellion in the 1960s is subsiding and their scientific and therapeutic contributions are coming to the fore. Nevetheless, mainstreaming psychedelics back into Western culture is a delicate and slow-moving effort. In 396 AD, after about 2000 years of continuous celebration, the Eleusinian mystery ceremonies, considered by some experts to include a visionary/psychedelic component, were ended by the Christians. In 1962, almost 1600 years later, Harvard's Dr. Walter Pahnke conducted his Good Friday experiment in religiously-inclined subjects and demonstrated the potential of psilocybin to catalyze mystical experiences. By 1972, a cultural backlash ended virtually all psychedelic research for the next 20 years. In 1991, my follow-up study to the Good Friday study, conducted 25+ years after Pahnke's experiment, suggested a link between the subjects' mystical experiences and increased motivation for progressive (altruistic, compassionate) political involvement. Recent investigations at Johns Hopkins have confirmed the relationship between psilocybin and mystical experiences. The reintegration of psychedelics will likely require the demonstration of the pro-social benefits of the mystical experience. In addition, research studies demonstrating the therapeutic uses of psychedelic-assisted psychotherapy for PTSD, anxiety associated with end-of-life issues, and addiction will be required to more fully integrate psychedelic experiences into Western culture. Eventually, there will be networks of psychedelic therapy clinics in many towns. The mainstreaming of psychedelics will also require legal contexts for people seeking spiritual growth and rites of passage experiences, for freedom of religion in a personal sense. Post-prohibition harm reduction strategies such as psychedelic emergency services at cultural events, will reduce the likihood of future backlash.

Talk 2

TITLE: 'Developing Psychedelics into Prescription Medicines: MDMA-Assisted Psychotherapy for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder'

SYNOPSIS

After investing over $2 million and 24 years of dedicated effort, MAPS has completed two successful pilot studies of MDMA-assisted psychotherapy in patients with chronic, treatment-resistant PTSD (in the US and Switzerland), with additional pilot studies underway or in the approval process in Israel, Jordan and Canada. Yet we're still about 10 years and $10 million from the prescription approval of MDMA for PTSD. This lecture will address key points of MAPS’ international clinical development plan for MDMA-assisted psychotherapy, including protocol design, methodological challenges, development of our treatment manual and therapist training program and protocol, funding and political challenges. The studies of psychedelics in the treatment of anxiety and/or depression associated with end-of-life issues, of ibogaine and ayahuasca in the treatment of addiction and drug abuse, and of marijuana for a wide range of clinical conditions, will also be discussed. The talk will conclude with comments on how best to start psychedelic research in Australia.

Do Not Miss this :worship:

Looking forward to this conference Ronnie.

My wife picked up the ticket off the kitchen table, read it, then read it again and then went back to other things. :)

Hopefully I will blend in as this is the first one of these gatherings I've attended.

Hey Kingshroom

You will have a ball I am sure of it, and there will be plenty of time for blending in, but it might me more fun to network a little too.

Next time, when we are back out doors even your wife would dig it, trust me.

More than too mouths to go and half the tickets sold out already, must be some keen plant heads out there :devil:

My wife picked up the ticket off the kitchen table, read it, then read it again and then went back to other things. :)

Hopefully I will blend in as this is the first one of these gatherings I've attended.

Excellent stuff Ronny, it's pretty good how the tickets are selling so well.

The outdoor symposium would have been brillant.

Cheers. :)

That will be easy synchromesh, he will be chilling and networking most of the time.

He is an easy guy to approach and get along with.

B)

As long as I get to shake Rick's hand, I'll be more than happy at this year's EGA. :)

cant wait cant wait cant wait...

:rolleyes:

lol

cheers, Obtuse.

EGA Conference Tickets Available from The Pixie Collective

The Pixie Collective welcomes all to come celebrate its Grand Opening on 9th October with a shop warming day party 10am - 7pm

It will be in the back yard which is accessible via the shop and it will be a BYO BBQ

374 High St, Northcote

The Pixie Collective is a collection of mostly psy/doof artists and craftspeople. You now will have a place to come and get all your amazing psy/doof clothing, accessories, jewellery, psychedelic art, music, books, festival tickets and more :lol:

The legendary EGA raffle is about to drop :lol: , so if you have something to donate we would love your support :devil: ;

EGA Raffle FAQ 2010

And if you wish to be in the running for all the fantastic prices donated by fellow plant head to support EGA then get ready as tickets go on line from the EGA shop very soon;

EGA Shop

Also please keep in mind EGA is a 100% volunteer not for profit organisation and it is only with support like donations gained from the raffle that we can continue to do our work. So regardless of if you are coming to the conference you can still help insure the conference continues in to future years by supporting the raffle and maybe even taking out the prize poll.

:wink: