The Corroboree
mazatec_luv

sydney hit from the field

Hey guys has anyone in syd come across some love in the field. i am new to sydney and live northern beaches. Any clues or areas to look (areas meaning suburb i know what conditions they need)

i've been keeping an eye out and haven't seen any action except for two lonely subs in a park earlier this week. my guess is it's only just gotten cold enough with the cold snap we've just had. with a bit of rain this weekend i think next week could be the go.

anyone else have any observations or luck?

i've been keeping an eye out and haven't seen any action except for two lonely subs in a park earlier this week. my guess is it's only just gotten cold enough with the cold snap we've just had. with a bit of rain this weekend i think next week could be the go.

anyone else have any observations or luck?

Thanks for the heads up. I am sure we have had enough rain and that cold snap surely would of got them out of bed and into the shower. Reminds me of my cultivation days when i would cold snap my foil take away trays in the frige and next thing Bammm they are coming out faster than i can eat

Thanks for the heads up. I am sure we have had enough rain and that cold snap surely would of got them out of bed and into the shower. Reminds me of my cultivation days when i would cold snap my foil take away trays in the frige and next thing Bammm they are coming out faster than i can eat

Wow, is that how you cultivate subs?

Hey mazatec

Never hunted up the northern beaches way but im shure there are good spots. Maby try the fringes of Kuring gai National park. I have found in Sydney that if you can find parkland with trees and woodchips that also has a southerly aspect (faces the south, not too much sun)you have a fairly good chance. Think parks in valleys or on slopes facing the south. Thats just my experience though.others may say different. :)

cheers del

Wow, is that how you cultivate subs?

Yeah it's a way that you can make your thick cobweb mycelium to pin. but it's been many a yr since then so any more info check the older posts . peace out and good luck all .

after much looking around i finally found a bunch of subs in an inner city park. i'd been walking around the parks every day on my lunch breaks and watched many other species fruit but finally some subs have appeared. i'm guessing it's only just gotten cold enough in the city. sorry didn't get any pics.

these subs seem totally different to the ones i find in bushland... these are a lot fatter, a lot more caramel and the stems are really thick and bruise intense blue. i like their style very much.

Hey maztec,

I have heard of finds of panaoleous cyanescens from around sydney... maybe also cubensis but not entirely sure - i know they are around up around newcastle and maybe the central coast.

I think that what you are referring to in your first post is the dung loving species? Well thats what I am guessing seeing as you are talking about fields... i could be wrong though?

peace

i'm guessing it's only just gotten cold enough in the city.

Bang on...it takes significantly longer to reach the dead cold like you need for these fruits in the city as compared to out west where the cold and frosts come much sooner...salt water and ocean winds near the coast keeps the city warmer for longer...so late June through all of July should be primo for city subs.

I've seen them pop up at the end of May with that period of rain in Sydney's cbd.