The Corroboree
Zen Peddler

Footage of Fantazia Rave '92 -

I really loved the first link mate!

back when E's were f'ing E's :):wink:

If something aint broke don't fix it.

As much as each producer puts their soul into a piece and it has its' own artistic merit, there is a definite technique, nay, a science to producing these beats, with their trance inducing trippiness. The formula works.

That last track is fucking sick! ... no really! the dopeness, swear i've heard it before! I now know the classic detroit sound... and why people put their hands up for it, and why they love that city. I dunno about the place but I recognise that sound is quite the dopeness. Even nowadays listening to soundlab, guys like harmonic 313 come to mind, people will come back to this style.

Really though, what music has changed?

dubstep maybe?

of course that's derivative of some sort of minimal tech, drum and bass, break beats and dub. Which are derivative of all those pioneering electronic dance music genres of the early 90's and of course that emerged out of the new sound that was the cheesy electro of the 80's. Drum and Bass came from, I don't know... dancehall maybe? Dub is a tripped out derivative of reggae which i think started out from ska...

Edited by The Dude

That first clip is flippin epic man...something infinity fascinating about watching ravers...bannana.gif

some classic post 80's hair styles in the crowd too...rofl.gif

haha, yes, those were the days. For a moment there I thought this was footage from Fantazia in sydney.

It's great to see so many oldschool tracks and clips around - considering cameras were the size and weight of a small child those days. There's actually quite a bit of video of the australian scene on youtube too.

Fond memories...

Would you be interested in coming to the next Arm In Arm oldscool party Torsten?

Should have a good sized crew going and there will be plenty of people there that you know.