The Corroboree
Atlas

Concentrations/extracts

So theoretically of course, if I picked a heap of p.sub or cub, dried powdered down. what would be the best method to make an extract, preferrably a powder?

I have read that ethanol is good but usually used to make a very potent liqueur, well depending on how much product is used.

But if i was to want to pull it down into powdered form, would this be the best method or does anyone know of better methods, i have read alot of posts on recipes and that but no answers?

Also has anyone made anything fun out of subs or just eat em and have a not so fun time hahah

Thanks heaps, couldnt view the nook ones as it said im not logged on, and prob dont want to start an account. it woud seem methanol for 12hrs is the best method from what ive read

No worries.

There is some gold in those Nook threads, too bad you don't wanna sign up :P

I'll sign up now, don't wanna miss out on some good info

Some pretty good info there, I will have to look through the rest of the forum

Thanks

Yep it's a good one, np :)

AFOAF who lives in a country where the mushrooms are legal made a highly concentrated extract with 96% Polish Vodka.

This FOAF claimed 1.5 - 2ml of the extract was quite enough and kept for a couple of years in the freezer.

Just a simple extract, filter and reduction of etoh volume to the desired concentration (minimal heat of course).

Sounded pretty easy to prepare and convenient to dose.

Edited by Sonny Jim

Nice from what ive read ethanol will extract but methanol extracts much more, but yeah i will have to read more to find out 100%

If you're gonna keep it in solution I'd advise chucking some ascorbic acid in.

99.5% ethanol is fine but for some reason when some have used subs for this it hasn't worked very well...it's also not a very good way to use the mushroom as doseage can be quite tricky to calculate...storing as a drinkable liquid is the way to go rather trying to evap to find muddy little blobs of psilocin...ethanol with ascorbic like has been said it a great way to make a nice funky liqueur...calculate your dry weight in powder by volume of liquid to get a dosage calculation...

1000ml of pure ethanol with 100gms of dried powdered cubes at 5gms a dose would equal approx 200ml of liquid per dose or 100ml for 2.5gm dose's...but you wouldn't dare drink pure ethanol infused with cubes, so you will need to water down at drinking time to an acceptable alcoholxjuice/water ratio so you arent gunna be sick as a dog.

How much lemon juice or lime juice needs to be added to a tea? this has probably been answered before but I can't find it. come to think of it, how much everything, lets say i had 2 dried whole cubes or 2 subs, how much water would i use and juice?

How much lemon juice or lime juice needs to be added to a tea? this has probably been answered before but I can't find it. come to think of it, how much everything, lets say i had 2 dried whole cubes or 2 subs, how much water would i use and juice?

Lets say someone else was hypothetically doing this as a tea and they might simply throw them in a saucepan of water that had 500ml of water and two hefty squirts of lemon juice concentrate or a half lemon squeezed heavily into it...bring to a simmer whilst chopping at shrooms in pan...small tiny pieces of fruit now leeching alks into water very easily, strain and consume the warm tea...bon voyage.

^^^

Yeah, tea with lemon juice is the way to go.

The highly concentrated etoh extract was excellent and kept potency very well, even with out the ascorbic acid.

oh, the dosage was easy to calculate.

When it comes down to it. Just dry em out (bone dry) and keep in an air tight jar. With a bunch of desiccant and O2 absorbing sachets. Away from light and heat (fridge).

So I'm told.

Edited by Sonny Jim

Lets say someone else was hypothetically doing this as a tea and they might simply throw them in a saucepan of water that had 500ml of water and two hefty squirts of lemon juice concentrate or a half lemon squeezed heavily into it...bring to a simmer whilst chopping at shrooms in pan...small tiny pieces of fruit now leeching alks into water very easily, strain and consume the warm tea...bon voyage.

Awesome thanks for the info

Hows your research coming Atlas?

@ Chiral,

where to get high % ethanol without extracting your own?

Methanol.. kinda poisonous, yeah?

any left over biproducts and stuff?

The methanol is only necessary if you want to end up the crystals. Don't mess with methanol unless you really no what your doing, it is extremely toxic if ingested.

The 96 odd percent Polish Vodka is probably the easiest way to go in OZ. You need a special license to get pure ethanol. You also have to have a valid reason for the license to be granted.

There is a lot of great info on shroom extraction and concentration on this forum, erowid and the nook.

Of course, this is all theoretical and for info purposes only.

Thanks Sonny Jim.

any chance of brand name?