The Corroboree

Hero and Idol are just words. They are very hollow words because of the way they are used ! Just look to the latest child sensation, Justin Bieber as a prime example. Hero? Idol? The kid can sing a bit but how does that make it so? Wait til his balls drop and we'll see :lol: My grandfather was a hero but only to me. I also find it difficult to comprehend the worship of anybody for anything they do whether that be singing, dancing or arithmetic....I wouldn't say Terence Mckenna is a hero or an Idol but I have an awful lot of RESPECT for what he has done and what he has contributed. Some people envy that RESPECT and therefore try and tarnish the other persons view. Thats human nature sad as it is. I like pink and you like blue...I know some people RESPECT the Prime Minister of this wonderful country and some don't. Those with the opposite opinion will go out of there way to prove to the other that that RESPECT is not warranted...

Hence..

Now if I had RESPECT for this guy I never would have linked to that video. YUK

So we will all have different opinions about everyone. Some people we will RESPECT and the others can go fuck themselves. Sorry but it don't matter really...It all gets back to the old song "R.E.S.P.E.C.T. find out what it means to me"...just love them old songs cause I'm old...

RESPECT

Hutch

Being open-minded and thinking about everything in a matter of fact way. I can't really explain any better sorry.

Justin Bieber as a prime example. Hero?

im startin to feel a lil sorry for this lil fuker.(well not really)

all the hate pages and campaigns from , well other males (jealousy big time i think) especially teen males that u see getting around the web, i think is just kinda pathetic. good on him. he probably works fuken hard and is really well managed!!! i just think the fact that say 50million hot teenage girls would drop their pants for him IN AN INSTANT lol really gets up a lot of guys noses!!! now look me in the eye and tell me straight, and true, on your grandmothers soul, that you would not trade places with him for a week???????????

good on ya justin beiber, keep rakin in that coin and mositening millions of teenage girls, i for one.. salute you!!!! :worship:

who the fuk cares if u dont know what germany is if a girl just has to see u and have an orgasm????? jesus mate i say go hard and die when ur 30.

heheh cheers for that Incognito.

Now for some thoughts on Terence McKenna :)

He is the ancestor of free-thought, wild thinking and imagination!

Justin Bieber [let's google the fucker to see who he is] ..... you're kidding me right?

these phenomenons are proof of a sick society

remember Jordy, the french 4 year old 'singer'?

I cannot see any parellel to McKenna.

McKenna deserves to be overappreciated

and he deserves to ne critisized too.

Edited by mutant

umm no parallel to mckenna. id rather be beiber for a week than mckenna for a week i guess is the only parallel i could ever make from this.

im so shutting up now :)

Being open-minded and thinking about everything in a matter of fact way. I can't really explain any better sorry.

I found the previous post pretty clear ms fancypants, read it before bed, was drifting off thinking, perfect, frame it, put it on the wall, it made perfect sense to me, spot on.

Edited by gerbil

People should stop taking the piss out of justin bieber, poor girl

People should stop taking the piss out of justin bieber, poor girl

Justin Bieber, is most definitely a boy.

somewhow i dont think he'd give a fuk about whos taking the piss right now as hes rolling in all his cash, products from his endorsements and teenage pussy.

as hes rolling in all his cash, products from his endorsements and teenage pussy.

which are in your opinion what constitute of a happy life???!?!?!

Is that what spirits teach you guys over the hyperspace?

:bootyshake:

which are in your opinion what constitute of a happy life???!?!?!

never said it would result in a happy life my greek friend!!! but damn it sure would be fun while it lasted!

dont point that hairy greek ass at me :puke:

1st my ass is not hairy

2nd I remember you saying [another thread] you wouldn't last a lot with much money, so.... so? what's the point in praising the ultimate decadence of what human civilisation has become?

McKenna wouldn't be proud of you

:rolleyes:

mutant ur a dick. :) but i love u.

i wouldnt have lasted i dont think with alot of money in my teens.

but i probably didnt have as good a manager as beiber ;) there got ya there.

i didnt say beiber does that, i was purely speculating.

would i do it?? right now? if i was in his shoes? a young single man, with plenty of coin?? FUCK YES :devil: although sadly to say id ruin the young mans career, hed be getting ALOT of bad press :devil:

pfft and who ever said i was a fan of Mckennas? ive only seen a little on youtube and read a little of his books.

but from what ive read and viewed its been pretty spot on to my liking :) and as if mckenna would be adverse to a little wholesome decadence??

edit- i still believe u have a hairy ass.

what's the point in praising the ultimate decadence of what human civilisation has become?

ultimate decadence? i think if you look back through human history, shagging and partying has been HIGH on the human agenda :)

so ur saying u cant shag like a rabbit and party and still NOT be a good person??? hey hairy balls? tell me THAT.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 2

From Wikipedia...

Bieber's popularity has caused safety concerns. While promoting My World, Bieber was scheduled to appear at Long Island's Roosevelt Field Mall, but the performance had to be cancelled.[38] Over 3,000 screaming fans showed up for the appearance. The event got out of control, and over 35 units from the Nassau County and Garden City police departments had to be called in. Several fans received minor injuries. The police arrested an Island Records senior vice-president, James A. Roppo, reportedly for hindering the police's crowd control efforts by not sending a timely message on Twitter as instructed by the police.[38] James Roppo pleaded not guilty to all charges.[39][40] On March 24, 2010 Bieber's manager, Scooter Braun, was arrested on one count of second-degree reckless endangerment and one count of second-degree criminal nuisance related to the incident. Braun pleaded not guilty to both charges and was later released.[41]

On April 27, 2010, a scheduled promotional performance was cancelled by Australian police after several girls were injured in a crowd crush. Bieber was scheduled to sing three songs for the Channel Seven program, Sunrise. An estimated 4,000 pre-teen girls showed up at 3:00am and stormed past safety barricades. In addition to those injured, dozens were treated for hyperventilation. In a Twitter message after the incident, Bieber said: "I want to make this clear... I don't cancel.” Bieber's tweet continued, stating: “I woke up this morning to the police canceling the show for safety reasons. I’m very happy about the welcome and the love from around the world, but I want everyone to still remember my fans safety comes first. At the end of the day I want you all to enjoy the music."[42]

Arriving at Auckland airport in New Zealand later that day, RadioLIVE New Zealand reported on airport security's efforts to keep Bieber out of trouble. He later tweeted that somebody stole his hat and "knocked down [his] mama." [43] The teenage girl who stole the hat then uploaded a video to the Internet, outlining the demands of her extortion attempt.[44] The next day, she returned the hat amid speculation of possible criminal charges.

Im jealous...

Anyway... On a McKenna tone.. a wonder how many people trip using the McKenna technique? (In silent darkness and at high-dose)

I am all for mindless fun, partying, fucking and the like. I just would NOT waste my psych bullets for that ;)

I would do it with speed, alcohol and green [for the after hourz] - and pretty cheap too. The McKenna comment was about him being anti-capitalist not politically correct.

I have an allergy for idols, I come from a left wing background, so this 16 y.o. lad might be alright, but I hate the media circus you [granted, humourously] kind of praised

And I don't have a hairy ass god dam it, my ass seriously looks like a teen girls ass :P

Terrance McKenna damaged his reputation as a scientist by trying to explain things that no one who has not taken psychedelics would understand.

Terrance therefore has done enormous damage to psychedelic research. From a conservative scientist point of view he was a man driven insane from drug use, proving the age old myth that all psychedelic users are raving lunatics and no scientist should risk use with these compounds.

It would be refreshing to have a scientist who does not take psychedelics, do some real research. If he does take psychedelics, keep it under wraps from the public because soon as a scientist partakes in these activities, the rest of the science community will believe him to be some crazy drugged up idiot, justifying his drug use with studies proving their use and safety. Especially if he started explaining how he talks to elves and fairies etc. and that is what he basis a lot of scientific theory on.

Hopefully the next leader of psychedelic research will be level headed, and speak not to the psychedelic community who already know most of the stuff Terrance preaches but instead to the general masses with a trusting and sober tone.

• Like 1

Terrance McKenna damaged his reputation as a scientist by trying to explain things that no one who has not taken psychedelics would understand.

Terrance therefore has done enormous damage to psychedelic research. From a conservative scientist point of view he was a man driven insane from drug use, proving the age old myth that all psychedelic users are raving lunatics and no scientist should risk use with these compounds.

It would be refreshing to have a scientist who does not take psychedelics, do some real research. If he does take psychedelics, keep it under wraps from the public because soon as a scientist partakes in these activities, the rest of the science community will believe him to be some crazy drugged up idiot, justifying his drug use with studies proving their use and safety. Especially if he started explaining how he talks to elves and fairies etc. and that is what he basis a lot of scientific theory on.

Hopefully the next leader of psychedelic research will be level headed, and speak not to the psychedelic community who already know most of the stuff Terrance preaches but instead to the general masses with a trusting and sober tone.

why is it necessary to view and value things from only the perspective of scientism??

Those who work seriously with sacred medicines, in other words, those from the more educated point of view of psychedelic researcher, will most probably view a materialist science 'man' that is talking about psychedelic experience as someone driven insane by conservativism and dogmatic tendencies.

science is a baby trying to crawl in the world of entheogens. Whereas mysticism, occult, shamanism are schools of thought and practice that dance these phenomena.

• Like 1

double post.

Edited by telepathogen

jay6785, very good post

thing is , you have to take them at least some times to see their potential yourself, it's a thing that cannot be communicated. And a scientist would have to have taken them so as to understand them better and do better research.

The problem is not that McKenna took psychs. Lots of respected scientist not linked with psych research have taken lsd and they are regarded geniouses.

The thing is McKenna took too much, too often

and he was clearly on messiah ideation lot of the time, so that nobody into any serious research would take him seriously, as a whole. At the end, the only thing he contributed, apart from crazy ideas was finding new psilo species and distributions around the world.

and, oh, tele

Those who work seriously with sacred medicines, in other words, those from the more educated point of view of psychedelic researcher, will most probably view a materialist science 'man' that is talking about psychedelic experience as someone driven insane by conservativism and dogmatic tendencies.

this prooves that those people you praise are equally blind and dogmatic to any scientism fan, any blind materialist than can't see beyond scientific proof

It would be refreshing to have a scientist who does not take psychedelics, do some real research. If he does take psychedelics, keep it under wraps from the public because soon as a scientist partakes in these activities, the rest of the science community will believe him to be some crazy drugged up idiot

Yes, the shulgins, are believed by the rest of the scientific community to be "drugged up idiots" im sure.

That is of course if the general masses are listening to the content which i very much doubt they would be regardless of the sobriety of the speaker.

Mutant, ya ass hairs are showing :P

this prooves that those people you praise are equally blind and dogmatic to any scientism fan, any blind materialist than can't see beyond scientific proof

no it doesn't. There is a large tendency for disciples of science to remain in materialistic paradigms when trying to explain away psychedelic experiences. When it comes to psychedelic experiences there is a power dynamic between the mystical/shamanic/occult type sciences and western materialistic science. In my opinion, a merge of the disciplines will eventually take place. Or at least a lot of cross-pollination will inform the materialists to open their horizons. Actually this is already happening in some recent esoteric anthropological methodologies that are currently being discussed in leading western journals (AAA, SAC, Cambridge Journals).

There are other mechanical pin-ball machine systems or realities other than simply the one most people usually (without entheogens, meditation) plug-in to with their sense organs. Though some of these other levels (astral, archetypal, spiritual) are governed by peculiar laws or physics. And taking acid or mushrooms a few times will most probably not tell you much in the way of such logics.

You're argument doesn't prove that the 'people i praise' are equally dogmatic though, in this case, towards the materialists. Because these kick-ass intelligent folks that i'm alluding to tend to appreciate and value materialistic knowledge (because it's all ultimately 'spiritual', or spiritual is ultimately material - or we can drop the dichotomy party and join the continuum of levels or dimensions gig).

The great thinkers and experiences that I value appreciate the 'hard' material sciences but understand that there are sciences beyond the material; into the many so-called nonmaterial sciences that operate with delicate and sophisticated logics.

Mutant, ya ass hairs are showing

:drool2::drool2:

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

Yes, the shulgins, are believed by the rest of the scientific community to be "drugged up idiots" im sure.

That is of course if the general masses are listening to the content which i very much doubt they would be regardless of the sobriety of the speaker.

Shulgins produce real results, using chemistry and therefore can back up most of their science. McKenna really brings no physical evidence of what he is saying to the table. I think chemistry with proven compounds being created and tested is a big difference to new age theories made up by some guy that likes to trip, who happens to have a degree.

To me Terrance McKenna's theories are no different than what any other common enthenogen user can come up with.

I however don't see many common enthenogen users who create brand new active compounds using advanced chemistry and pratical research.

The problem is not that McKenna took psychs. Lots of respected scientist not linked with psych research have taken lsd and they are regarded geniouses.

The thing is McKenna took too much, too often

I agree, but taking one or two doses scientifically anayalzed and not preached is a different beast to creating a thesis about 'I tripped out for weeks straight in isolation tanks and saw elves that created the universe'

There is a difference between scientific use of a compound, recreational/spiritual use of a compound and drug abuse/dependency. I consider Terrance McKenna to broadcast his drug abuse to everyone, and it really portrays hallcinogens in a bad light. It almost looks like he was addicted to tripping from a tea tottler perspective, which creates more bad publicity than good.

Basically Terrance McKenna will be used by anti psy users for decades to come, because of him they will think they are addictive, they send you mad and destroy your brain (tumor).

Terrance single handley set back the physcadelic movement by solidifying these common myths.

Edited by jay6785

Terrance single handley set back the physcadelic movement by solidifying these common myths.

he did more for psychedelics than most would or could have. when you are dealing with spiritual matters there is little point holding your breath for academic and scientific approval from the mainstream. it ain't going to happen. it's not going to be broadcast on television. you'll only hear about it when brave people step up and speak honestly on the subject and their experiences.

lets not forget this is the man who pioneered the techniques for growing cubensis at home. i believe that counts for real results and his work in this area led to what could arguably be the biggest (albeit underground) revolution in psychedelics since LSD was mass produced and distributed by Stanley Owsley and others.

Basically Terrance McKenna will be used by anti psy users for decades to come, because of him they will think they are addictive, they send you mad and destroy your brain (tumor).

doubt that very much. only fools would draw that conclusion. especially when there is much evidence out regarding the non addictive nature of psychedelics. if someone wants to believe that shit then let them. don't blame mckenna for other people's inability to think for themselves.

i'm curious as to where you stand when it comes to experience?

have you had a go at some of the things mckenna talks about?

if so what were your experiences like?

the only reason i like the guy is because many of the things i have experienced he has talked about. if i hadn't had similar experiences i doubt i would have even bothered looking into him.