The Corroboree
vual

Nimbin Mardi Grass 2010

Nimbin Mardi Grass 2010

2 & 3rd of May

For those who came in late...

"In March 1993, after a decade of raids and arrests, and a particularly intensive recent period of random street searches, arrests and rough treatment, a spontaneous demonstration erupted, and marched to the police station, pelting it with eggs and toilet paper. Negative newspaper reports followed. Nimbin Hemp Embassy (formerly "Nimbin Hemp") members decided to hold a peaceful protest in a non-confrontational atmosphere, that ordinary people could comfortably attend, on May 1, 1993. That was the first MardiGrass. (The spelling is that officially used by the MardiGrass Organising Body) The MardiGrass Organising Body (MOB) was formed to manage the event and consists entirely of volunteers. The intention is to hold a MardiGrass every year until prohibition ends." -Wikipedia

Program - http://www.nimbinmardigrass.com/2010/program10.html'>http://www.nimbinmardigrass.com/2010/program10.html

- Rumors of Cheech And Chong showing up.. But i doubt it..

Website/Buy Tickets/Camping - http://www.nimbinmardigrass.com/

I'm going i do every year its a great atmosphere and have never ran into trouble of any kind, If a few people go from Shaman Australis maybe we can have a meetup/trade.

-Vual

Edited by vual

It's a cool event. First time I went several years ago I was travelling with my shanghainese wife and it was her first time to australia. She said afterwards Nimbin was her favourite experience because it was so different from anything else she had ever seen and everyone was so open, mellow and friendly. Wish I could attend this year. Ive never met anyone from SAB!

one of my fav fests of the year, last one rocked. besides the sizable nsw sate law robot collection it was a beautiful atmosphere, (oh ok and the crack heads dont pull their wieght when it comes to sharing the love either)

unfort this time the 2000km gap has won the battle.

Just got back was a wonderful weekend, no trouble at all, was a fantastic experience, was a salvia divinorium for sale in a stall, 28$ for a small cutting kinda annoyed i didn't buy it probably not going to find that anywhere in oz ever again..

I was there, pretty sweet this time too, apart from the damn cop searches.. 3 times!!! on the way in an out, i stayed out at lismore, made us get out of the car and the dogs had a sniff inside hahaha

But yeah was pretty good, it changed atmospheres at night though went from kinda festival to thailand full moon party at night, heaps of techno an psychodelics.

I wanted to a couple of things but with the road blocks and searches I wasnt going to risk anything.

Did anyone go to the seed swap at 11 on sunday?? I just missed it, what was there??

almost sounds like they had the doof in town.

searched three times, how crappy.

I was supposed to go this year, but in the end I'm glad I opted for LE-free forests.

Glad to hear people are still having a good time. From what I'd heard the event had lost its magic in recent years.

sounds great wish i had been there, but prolly better off catching a bus aye? cops need to get out and solve some real crime ,why they got to be at every event , its a real killjoy...

Whats a LE-Free forest??

Yeah it was pretty sweet, except those searches where over the top.

The only ways in were police barricaded, reminicent of passing through the border of a foreign country.

everyone had to get out of the car open all the doors and let the drug dog come and check it all out then geta breath test and they took written details of address and stuff supposably for the dog thing...weird.

But yeah other than that crap, the whole thing turned out pretty sweet I thought.

thats fucken suss. cops are a foul pile of turds.

Whats a LE-Free forest??

Yeah it was pretty sweet, except those searches where over the top.

The only ways in were police barricaded, reminicent of passing through the border of a foreign country.

everyone had to get out of the car open all the doors and let the drug dog come and check it all out then geta breath test and they took written details of address and stuff supposably for the dog thing...weird.

But yeah other than that crap, the whole thing turned out pretty sweet I thought.

LE-free forest = a forest devoid of law enforcement personnel.

Nothing harshes a buzz like a belligerent pig. It's just not kosher.

Never got searched or stopped on the way in or out, spose i was lucky this year, did the cops swap test you?

Not one cop on friday or sunday from the Uki/Brisbane entrance. I don't think the event lost its magic, people have been saying that for the past 6 years and still Not once have i ran into any trouble or crime there.... Still wish i picked up that saliva, didn't make it to the 11am seed exchange had it circled though.

From my understanding the doof was a large distance away, only way there was via the bus's that left town.

Edited by vual

Yeah, I went out that way to check out byron and lennox on the way home and there was no cop road block, wish i knew that earlier and I could have taken some plants i wanted, I saw some good ones at that same stall you saw the salvia, they had, some huge psychotrias too and pedro and that.

Yeah I wasn't to please they took details, they said it was just because they did the dog search they have to log details, even know the dog didnt find anything, but i dont know probably some beaurocratic bull crap as always, anyway I thought it was pretty sweet and i'll prob go again next year, might take the -bris entrance haha

Yeah I wasn't to please they took details, they said it was just because they did the dog search they have to log details, even know the dog didnt find anything, but i dont know probably some beaurocratic bull crap as always, anyway I thought it was pretty sweet and i'll prob go again next year, might take the -bris entrance haha

They lied to you there. You only have to provide your details if they find something. Even if you are positively identified and they find nothing you don't have to provide your details. The cops get around that by asking for your ID before they search you and recording it.

You are within your rights to not provide your details if nothing is found although I wouldn't want to be the one pushing that agenda though as in my experience it ended badly. The details were still placed on a field list although no illegal substances were in the person's possession.

Glad I chose the forest over Nimbin.

Thats what I thought too, but yeah thats what they did, they asked for a breath test and my license then he loged my license details and said it was for the dog search , a bit late to fake an address hahaha oh well.

But yeah was all good and had a great time.

And got on youtube :lol: