The Corroboree
Slybacon

Robberies raise prospect of retail cash ban (Sweden)

Robberies raise prospect of retail cash ban

Published: 14 Apr 10 14:20 CET

Online: http://www.thelocal.se/26072/20100414/

Dictionary tool Double click on a word to get a translation

The head of the Swedish Work Environment Authority (Arbetsmiljöverket) has raised the prospect of a ban on cash in Sweden's retail stores to help tackle the growing problem of robbery.

* Thieves open fire in Södertälje supermarket (1 Mar 10)

* Police raid uncovers Aladdin's cave of stolen goods (25 Jan 10)

* Helicopter suspect held on Caribbean island (14 Jan 10)

The authority's director-general Mikael Sjöberg refused to rule out the drastic measure in an interview on Wednesday.

"You can't rule anything out, it just depends on how risky the situation is. We have very extensive possibilities to explore," Sjöberg told trade union publication Handelsnytt.

The authority is set to conduct an inspection of 3,000 small stores across Sweden to chart opportunities aimed at improving the working environment.

"It is not acceptable that people go to work in fear and concerned that they could be subject to a robbery, which does actually happen in this sector," Mikael Sjöberg said.

The Work Environment Authority has previously pushed through cash bans on buses in Sweden after a spate of hold-ups.

Robberies against retailers accounted for 9 percent of all robbery cases reported in Sweden in 2007, according to statistics from the National Council for Crime Prevention (Brå). From just under 400 cases per annum in 1987, the number of cases had more than doubled by 2007 after a peak in 2005.

How long before we are encouraged to do the same. Its already a big scam so imagine when it ALL goes digital. The next step from this would be microchip cash.

if we believe the bible freaks,.... then this is the beginning of 666...... hahaha,... where do you want your 666 tattoo sir? Hah! you dont have a say in it anyway........you get it on your forehead!

seriously,... it is kind of scary, I mean just to see how rapidly our world is changing around us..... the thing is,.. can we look back 20 years from now and say we made the right deciscions? I hope so.

the problems I see are maybe due to the fragility of the system. (brave new world or foolish new world) it's always a cat and mouse game.... relying more on electronics,... means bad guys get better at hacking....... or terrorists become more sophisticated.... hehehe..... an EMP bomb here and there to totally mess up all communications, financial institutions digital systems etc etc

whooooo!.... heavy thoughts.... better go set my mind at easy with some tea and meditation ;-)

Eventually cash will be made obsolete by governments, firstly by countries with smaller populations or totalitarian governments, then bigger ones. There may be some disaster or great event that might facilitate this "need". Reason why it will happen - taxes, governments are addicted to your money and they want it.

They say that money survived the fall of Rome and will be around for some time to come. I say that Rome never fell at all.

Edited by Slybacon

Rome fell, but it did continue on in other forms - eastern empire/catholic church. I wouldn't say that it will become phased out in every country, but it makes sense that they would want to do away with it. For example: People are buying drugs with cash, therefore if we go cashless so that we can combat it. Solution: Keep selling drugs and take the money through Paypal and register transaction as "books". Government response: We will still bust you for selling drugs, but thanks for the tax money, suckers.

Just look at all the ways cash is being phased out, very soon your mobile will be your wallet.

Gold, quality dope and guns will always retain their value (long term).

Apparently Sweden is now a complete shithole or a Multicultural paradise lol? Who would of thunk?It's the rape capitol of Europe. Maybe they let one to many fucktards into their country. That's a shame.

Gold, quality dope and guns will always retain their value (long term).

Agreed, but you can't eat gold and quality dope should be periodically disposed of :wink:

Apparently Sweden is now a complete shithole or a Multicultural paradise lol?

This is a tough one, why I enjoy friends and food from other places, you really need to have a stringent immigration process that weeds out the good from the bad. A classic example is when Cuba emptied their prisons and allowed them to go To US. The Miami area ended up with very serious crime problems. You also can't take your immigrants from one or two countries, this is one way the US has been successful by having a variety.

Agreed, but you can't eat gold and quality dope should be periodically disposed of :wink:

This is a tough one, why I enjoy friends and food from other places, you really need to have a stringent immigration process that weeds out the good from the bad. A classic example is when Cuba emptied their prisons and allowed them to go To US. The Miami area ended up with very serious crime problems. You also can't take your immigrants from one or two countries, this is one way the US has been successful by having a variety.

You can eat small amounts of gold technically anyway : ) If you have a gun sometimes others will share their food with you if you can't find aminals to shoot. Quality dope is essential. It must be stockpiled along with non-sporting firearms in preparation for Zombie attack.

Australia is already very multicultural and overpopulated,overpriced as is. They should quit while they are ahead as it is a small country with few cities and it wouldn't take many sickfucks to turn Sydney into the crime ridden shitholes that most metropolitan areas in the U.S. have become. There is no disincentive with regard to raping and or attacking strangers,invading homes and or murdering people in Australia. At least in the U.S. regardless if your potential target is a 95 lb 21 year old girl she could shoot you with a tazer,have pepperspray or take out a gun and have the legal right to blow your dumbass away.People realize that when breaking into a persons home even if you have a gun and a bullet resistant vest you are playing games with your life. If you had a hankering to rob houses /victimize rape people which country would you feel safer in? Unfortunatley Australia is very attractive in that regard. Women aren't even allowed to have pepper spray? Easy pickins

This guy helped save the taxpayers alot of money

Edited by Hendry

Yeah and you cant even have a good dog these days.

Yeah and you cant even have a good dog these days.

Godspeed weird barking dude.

Are pittbulls illegal is Aus?

This guy helped save the taxpayers alot of money

Not really, the guy lived. So not only was there tax money wasted on his court and jail there was also a shitload of money wasted on his medical bills.

Even if i had a gun, i probably would have just given him the watches. Im not willing to gamble my life against some watches. But if he tried to come at me then yeah , fuck his 9mm i would have protected myself.

Are pittbulls illegal is Aus?

They are banned dogs. Which mean it is illegal to Sell them, Import them or Breed them. Owning one has not been made totally illegal. It would need to be registered prior to the ban or it could be confiscated for being unregistered.

It get confusing because American Staffys and Brittish staffys are of the same blood. In fact they are the only 3 registered breeds that required no other breeds to separate them.

You go back far enough and they are all pitbulls. So the popular thing at the moment is Amstaffs, which in my opinion are a far superior dog with much more care taken of correct bloodlines. This is getting tainted now with the banning of pitbulls and less well breed dogs are becoming known as Amstaffs. Wont be long before Amstaffs are banned too.

Here a photo of the best dog i have owned in a yoga pose, he was an English Staffordshire Bull Terrier the weirdo would lay like that to face the sun for a good 25mins, then jump up and carry on as per normal. Mr Bojangles RIP

l_a92a4c7bc81f40aca81b284c21f60bd5.jpg

He would never hurt a fly but no one ever jumped my fence ;).

Edited by Slybacon

Not really, the guy lived. So not only was there tax money wasted on his court and jail there was also a shitload of money wasted on his medical bills.

lol one of the guys lived …..watch the whole video

1st robbery the guy lived

2nd robbery 2 Dead

3rd robbery 1 Dead

4th robbery 2 Dead

Great Doggie! It's pretty scary that they can confiscate a persons dog. How could you reliably prove a dog to be any breed?. Everything is banned in Australia,it's amazing that they can actually find new shit to ban? No doubt the Government is hard at work on this problem