The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Liteweight

What do you do with Spilanthes achmella?

A friend gave me a packet of seeds for the 'Toothache Plant' and now I have about 30 plants growing.

Other than the fun sensation we've had nibbling on the leaves, and the obvious oral pain-deadening qualities, is this plant used for anything other than a flowering novelty?

Guest electro

Liteweight:

"Other than the fun sensation we've had nibbling on the leaves, and the obvious oral pain-deadening qualities, is this plant used for anything other than a flowering novelty?"

i dont think so, though i could be wrong ... what more do you want though, i mean you now have your own own local anasthetic growing. (if you mean is splithanole (spelling ?) like coca (& it's cocaine) - no it wont get you high while acting as a local anasthetic as far as i am aware

Because it causes your saliva to flow profusely for a while, it is supposed to be good for your lymphatic system's circulation.

Must the leaves be consumed fresh? Or do dried leaves also retain the pain killing property?

Must the leaves be consumed fresh? Or do dried leaves also retain the pain killing property?

Can't answer this question just want to mention that it is the flowers whih seem to be the most potent. These I have only tried fresh.

I have heard it can be rubbed onto a certain part of the male anatomy to prolong intercourse and delay ejaculation.

Jack is right... it can make things more interesting for sure.