The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
drugo

3D IMAX Experience

Have you recently seen Avatar, Alice in Wonderland, or any other flick at the IMAX?

I strapped into my seat, 3D glasses in place, and, in some ways, was completely blown away by the experience. At certain moments it was one of the closest things i've ever consumed to visionary enthoegens. I was twitching when Cheshire the cat vaporised and disappeared. Perhaps it is obvious to most? but machine-elves seem to be experienced in a similar (though advanced) way to what the frontiers of western technology are using to deliver story (myth).

It appears that a culture bent on material technology is offering a kind of embodied visionary experience through mastery of 'out there' in the material world, ie. screen, 3D, sound, (popcorn?), narrative.

Instead of eating a sacrament and/or meditating and journeying 'inwards', we wear plastic glasses and plug into a projected material vortex of light and sound 'outside'. But the material trip doesn't have very advanced plugins, it doesn't offer much in the way of interaction, emotion, smell, touch, taste, let alone synesthesia, telepathy, and non-dual awareness.

I've heard of some other cosmic life forms that have personally developed their own 'light vehicles' or technologies of spiritual flight. That is, rather than using organic spiritual technologies found in their environment they develop them. Perhaps western nano-tech fussed with bio-engineering will be the western worlds stepping stone into galactic citizenship/shamanic flight? I'm not sure why we don't just call on the exogenous bio-technologies in the 'natural' world like so many other cultures/orders/people. The current state of western material spiritual technology (IMAX) is like macgyver trying to get us to the moon with a pair of chopsticks when the natural world has energy efficient, sustainable, space/time-crafts ready to ingest. But sure, macgyver usually comes through with the goods, I just think he's a bit boring and primitive, the usual Hollywoodesk suspense (*yawn).

imax.jpg

alexGrey_Wonder.jpg

Edited by telepathogen

As a matter of fact, I just saw Avatar at the Imax on Monday night. It was the second time seeing it and I must say I was disappointed at how small they projected it. The screen was way bigger than the actual projection. I was hoping for it to take up the entire screen so that I was immersed in the movie, with the edges out of the field of my vision, but it wasn't. Going to a regular cinema and sitting in the front row would have given the same effect as what was provided.

i was disappointed by Avatar in so many ways, not least the fact that it's Imax 3D effect wasn't upto standard.

i think unless a film is actually made using the Imax cameras then it's not worth paying Imax prices, just see it at a regular 3D cinema.

Proper Imax films seem to project right off the screen into you lap, some ov them can indeed be very trippy.

Warner Brothers has just confirmed intentions for a 1.2 trillion dollar project that will deliver to consumers radically new levels in conscious experience. Warner's has just bought all IMAX and related theatres and will be transforming each space into encapsulated quartz crystal igloos for reception of chi/prana/shakti/vital-energy and related flows. Chi engineers will conduct 2.5 hour experiences using frontiers in sound and visual technology mixed with ancient sophisticated chanting and song to download energetic interfaces for consumers to plug into for a truly interactive experience in conscious evolution.

Disney voiced their interest in developing child and adolescent programs.

This type of thing has happened, although on smaller scales, in the past.

Warner Brothers has just confirmed intentions for a 1.2 trillion dollar project that will deliver to consumers radically new levels in conscious experience. Warner's has just bought all IMAX and related theatres and will be transforming each space into encapsulated quartz crystal igloos for reception of chi/prana/shakti/vital-energy and related flows. Chi engineers will conduct 2.5 hour experiences using frontiers in sound and visual technology mixed with ancient sophisticated chanting and song to download energetic interfaces for consumers to plug into for a truly interactive experience in conscious evolution.

Disney voiced their interest in developing child and adolescent programs.

This type of thing has happened, although on smaller scales, in the past.

\

-------------------------------------------------

I am happy,because i am not you.

About a millions years in evolution as a guess.

Try to go for lies as a lie, but remember you might be seen as a horrible dancing chimp for a bannana with another style.

\

-------------------------------------------------

I am happy,because i am not you.

About a millions years in evolution as a guess.

Try to go for lies as a lie, but remember you might be seen as a horrible dancing chimp for a bannana with another style.

All 'lies' reflect truths. I am happy, and i am you :worship:

Do you have a link for that?

Do you have a link for that?

It is not literal. Stories, or 'lies' -- as our little deviant likes to label them -- often offer a more sympathetic transmission of truth than bland left brain logic bombs. Stories tend to be grasped/experienced with right-brain embodied 'memory' (or mnemonics) -- a more sophisticated form of resonating with ideas and world -- this is why we have billion dollar story machines (hollywoood), and precisely why indigenous folks have always used story to deliver and develop reality.

Although Warner Brother's ain't pushing the envelope as I forecasted, the story illuminates an infinite number of truths readily available to the audience's logic(/lack of logic) and imagination. For example, the story places powerful perspectives on western story, technology and values. My extreme prescriptions for Warner's pioneering igloo chi conductors is but a vacuum for the imagination to fly around in and (re)discover/define self and world.

reality is a story.

I'm not sure why I feel obliged to lay this out as such.

:crux:

A good a way as any I suppose to descibe a confusing situation or lie.

Or might be a university talk bot, as i been accused of, not that i care.

When the expendable techs can survive radiation supposedly in 2 months[expendable ecologists] the primary nuts or balls of the nation surcurity state[kings or president]might pop up like groundhog day, but would be 6 months..