The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Bread Filter

White spot on my Catha Edulis plants

Hey guys.

This morning I noticed these white spots on my Khat plants and was hoping someone could give me some advice as to what to do? My narrow leaf plant is not affected but my two others are.

Not sure what this variety is but I bought it from Sharxxx

khat.jpg

This is Vienna White from SAB

khat2.jpg

Kinda looks like a mold. Can you look at spots under a magnifier? I know that they are young plants but have conditions changed in some way before you noticed a problem - e.g. everything was fine until it rained for 10 days, or sunny +40C days, etc

Are there other plants (not khat) that exhibit any similar problems?

looks alot like a mould or fungus( like powdery mildew) free draining soil good ventilation & not watering the leaves might slow things down until you find out what it is for sure

apparently seedlings are prone to damping off fungus, Link

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/b8/Downy_and_Powdery_mildew_on_grape_leaf.JPG

Edited by mac

Thanks for the replies guys :)

There haven't been any real changes in conditions, we had alot of rain here a month ago but things have settled down since. I'll try looking at them under a microscope. It is only the 2 Khat plants with the problem, everything else is fine.

I'll add some perlite to the soil and see if I can get it to drain better. It is in straight potting mix at the moment. I'll also stop watering the leaves :)

Thanks again for helping a noob out.

I had a look with a magnifying glass and it is definitely mould. It doesn't look as bad today as it did yesterday.

Looks just like the mildew that grows on pumpkin leaves.