The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
wattleking

Identification on a batch

Hey Guy's I don't get on the computer much but found a bunch today thought you guys could help me out i'm pretty sure they are copelandia cyanescens gold tops? and some other different ones here can I get an ID. please would much appreciate it. Cheers

Sorry for all the pics had a good camera. I know you will appreciate what's hear not sure about the the big whitish one i left a ? near

img0616m.th.jpg

img0617ppr.th.jpg

These next two pics are the same just up close and one is with flash I think but same

img0618g.th.jpg

img0619t.th.jpg

img0625eq.th.jpg

?? img0630.th.jpg

img0634k.th.jpg

img0635k.th.jpg

img0656oi.th.jpg

img0658x.th.jpg

the shroom in the middle of pic 1 looks like it could be panaeolus(copelandia) cyanescens as does pics 3,4 & 6

with this little bit of info i can't be sure though. so be careful! all your other shrooms there are almost certainly not 'active'

Edited by paradox

In the second last pic, the three in the top-right corner that are white with blue marks on them (above the photo of the brown bull), and the two on their side to the middle-left left of that photo, also white with blue marks on them.

They look like copes. 95% of the rest of them are NOT copes and could be dangerous...

Take the white ones with blue marks, put them in a pile, take a photo of what you have left and chuck the rest out.

Cheers here is what I have left

Judging by the darkness and blueyblackish purple I would say these are copes.?

img0662rs.th.jpg

img0663pq.th.jpg

img0664d.th.jpg

img0665cs.th.jpg

img0666um.th.jpg

img0668ok.th.jpg

Yes they look OK to me.

When they were fresh, you should always make a spore print, this and the blue bruising will identify copes from everything else.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spore_print

Spore prints on copes will come out black. If you go looking for copes again, you are looking for this combination: whitish/grey colour, blue staining and black spore prints.

Edited by Undergrounder

Thanks, So they are Psilocybe cubensis? I'm having trouble finding other pics on the net that look like the one's I have? even the cubes look different colour do they vary in aussie?

Namaste

just some new pics I took today on some different one's I come across if anyone can identify I know they are just pics not the easiest to tell i'm not sure if these goldy ones are the sames as the other gold ones you said are non-active

img0671w.th.jpg

img0672v.th.jpg

img0677l.th.jpg

img0685r.th.jpg

Oysters?

img0681u.th.jpg

img0686f.th.jpg

img0687f.th.jpg

img0688d.th.jpg

img0690c.th.jpg

If thats bark, then its probably just spray paint (eg marker) or something.

The yellow fungi is Heterotextus, probably miltinus.

Thanks, So they are Psilocybe cubensis? I'm having trouble finding other pics on the net that look like the one's I have? even the cubes look different colour do they vary in aussie?

No, the ones you put in their own pile look like Panaeolus cyanescens, which is another name for Copelandia cyanescens. Also called 'blue meanies' or 'copes'.

'Gold tops' / 'cubes' are Psilocybe cubensis, which is another kind of mushroom. None of the photos you've uploaded are cubes.

The other photos are all inactive, i can see possibly some Stropharia copophila, a young, poisonous Lepiota or Chlorophyllum, a Coprinus and a young stink horn.

Oysters will never ever grow in dung, they grow from the sides of trees and are white with virtually no stalk.

As i said, you need to take spore prints. Until then, it's all just guessing. You really can't ID from sight alone. Spore prints are your best friend. Just take a cap home and stick it face-down on a piece of paper, see what happens next. Copes have black spore prints, Cubes have purple/brown spore prints. Both of them bruise blue when handled and both of them grow in or near shit.

Edited by Undergrounder

Cheers well going off your ID spore description i'd say these are blue meanies I notice there is a little blue dot in the center of the pic showing and the rest is all black. So in this case spore prints play a valuable key in identification right.

img0692o.th.jpg