The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
haze1205

just got my iboga seed pod

I didnt check my mail till in the evening and noticed my iboga seeds came. The package felt pretty cold but not freezing. I think the seeds will be ok. Anyways I was happy to see the seed pod was completely rotted away and the seeds were plump and two even had little roots sticking out. I potted the majority of them in the peat they were in and the rest threw in some extra potting soil I had. I have the pots in a large plastic container sitting a little bit off to the side of an hps for warmth. OK now a question :lol: seeing as how I turn the light off at night for the other plants, will the seeds be warm enough on their own, or should I put a heat lamp over them at night while the light is off? Thanks!

I didnt check my mail till in the evening and noticed my iboga seeds came. The package felt pretty cold but not freezing. I think the seeds will be ok. Anyways I was happy to see the seed pod was completely rotted away and the seeds were plump and two even had little roots sticking out. I potted the majority of them in the peat they were in and the rest threw in some extra potting soil I had. I have the pots in a large plastic container sitting a little bit off to the side of an hps for warmth. OK now a question :lol: seeing as how I turn the light off at night for the other plants, will the seeds be warm enough on their own, or should I put a heat lamp over them at night while the light is off? Thanks!

Huh after shipping the pod was rotted away? And seeds where already germinating? How can this be?

last lot of pods were harvested during wet weather in the tropics, so the fruit decomposes much faster. And overseas shipping can be anythign from 7 days to 4 weeks, so not sure how long haze's seeds were in transit.

haze, the fact that you have white germs is a good indication that the cold did not kill them as they would turn brown within hours. You will definitely have to keep the heat up to them. They will go into stasis if the temp goes below 15 or maybe even 20 C - which may kill them.

Damn after recieving my pod i've put it in the refrigirator for some weeks. After that i have put the whole pod in a zip baggie with spagnum moss at 35 celsius i'm trying the natural way

Yes indeed what was the transit time? I mean when did you placed your order and when did you recieve it count the days in between and i have a idea. ;)